Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 03:13
Hi, I will be going to japan on March-April, i will get the Japan rail pass for 7 days because I will move around the western regions with the Shinkansen a lot, but I will be 7 days in Toyko and I want to visit the following areas outside the city in the Kanto region:

-Nikko
-Kamakura
-Hakone (Lake Ashinoko)
-Fuji Five Lakes (Kawaguchiko)

So my options are: Pay every trip individually at every station or extend the JRPass to 14 Days or if there is there a region specific pass that gets me to every place listed.

Additionally I want to add that I will be departing from Tokyo everyday since I will be staying in there, every trip will be done in a single day (so 4 days in total) and I would like to know which option is the cheapest and easiest.

Thanks.
by Hyfrix  

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 09:00
As long as you do two of those places with three consecutive days, the Tokyo Wide Pass will definitely pay off for Nikko and Kawaguchiko, with access to both fully covered.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 12:52
We would need to know the rest of your itinerary if you would like comment on extending a 7d pass to 14d pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 21:42
Well I would be going through Chubu kind of clockwise the first week something like this:

Depart from Tokyo ---> Shizuoka ---> Nagoya ---> Kanazawa ---> Shirakawa ---> Takayama ---> Nagano
---> Return to Tokyo

From there I have another 7 days in which I would go to the aftermentioned places.

The 7 day JRPass would expire when I return to Tokyo from Nagano.
by Hyfrix rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 22:58

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/2 23:59
I don't know if I would say it "definitely" pays off for the Tokyo Wide Pass for those two destinations. Pass is 10000 yen.

You can take the Bus to Kawaguchiko for 4000 yen round trip:
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/37/#fare

And you can take the Tobu-Nikko line round trip for 2040 yen with Nikko Pass.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_002.html

So that is only about 6000 yen.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/3 00:10
It does if you take JR's super-express.

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/3 03:13
Isn't the Tobu pass using its limited express trains in similar price range or even more when compared to Tokyo Wide Pass? Price per day is about 3334 yen for TWP and time from Tokyo Station to Nikko is almost same on both passes?

BR,
Lauri

by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding which pass to get for Kanto 2019/12/3 09:07
Not even sure the first seven days of itinerary needs a seven day pass. Quicker and cheaper non jr options between Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Takayama and Nagano are available.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread