Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Starting working visa 2019/12/8 02:56
I haveberm offered a work exchange job in Nozawa Onsen for the ski season . So I get accommodation food and a small wage . They want me ASAP as itfs peak season but I need the working visa to get paid . Ifve looked online and there so many different things , I donft know if therefs an address or website for advice ? I know Ifll need a return ticket but Ifd there a certain amount I need in my bank account to be able to get in the country too ? Also does anyone know how long the process takes ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
by Chloelouise96 (guest)  

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 05:02
Is this going to be for this year's ski season? If so, it may not happen, as visa research may take 3 months.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 07:49
Yup a bit late I think. Normal timing is 3 months for a COE.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 07:51
Oh and the employer should be applying for you. So they would have known this already. Something is fishy.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 08:21
If you want the working visa, you need to do a lot of this research yourself. Visit the website for the Japanese embassy in your home country, and there you should find all of this information. As another poster has already said, visas take time - it's not an instantaneous "yes" or "no" - so don't bank on being able to receive it for use in this year's ski season. You should really have the working visa approved before looking for jobs.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 09:44
If the company wants you asap, then they should start applying sooner since visa applications can take 3 months or longer. You should ask the company how they think to solve this
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 11:40
work exchange job in Nozawa Onsen for the ski season

Unless you are from a country which has a working holiday visa program with Japan, you won't get a "work visa" for a dead-end job and especially one with a such small paycheck. No work visa for season jobs also.That won't happen. Never.

It was explained thousand of times:
there is no "generic" work visa in Japan. There are several kinds of work visas which usually require degrees or 10 years experience and can only be used in a category, a foreigner with an engineer visa can't work as an english teacher for example.
by K.T. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 12:43
Did the employer discuss a work visa with you?
Most likely, they expect you to work on a tourist visa (illegally).
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starting working visa 2019/12/8 12:52
As stated by others, unless you are of a nationality where Working Holiday Visa is available, this will not happen – there is no gwork visah where resort work is allowed. (You need to apply well in advance for Working Holiday Visa, and it cannot be obtained quickly.) I have a feeling that the employer might not be familiar with the visa process – or intentionally leaving out the details -, if they are saying NOW that they want you as soon as possible.

If they ever offer you to just come over and start working, or something like that, please say no. Here I am assuming that you are of a nationality you can just come with your passport and you get Temporary Visitor status (= as a tourist) up to 90 days - I have a feeling they might do that, telling you that room & board doesnft count as gpayh so it is OK you stay and work at their resort on Temporary Visitor status, but this is not correct. And they could refuse to pay you the small wages on that pretext (no gpayh allowed).
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread