Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting Japan late June till early July 2020 2019/12/8 19:21
Hello,

My mother and I are going to visit Japan from 28 June to 4 July 2020, and we didnft know that Tokyo Olympics is in 2020 till we bought the tickets (I mistook the year for 2021). Do you all think that it will be very crowded during that period? Will the temperature be very hot and will it be very rainy as well? :/

We are visiting Kyoto from 28 to 3 July and Tokyo 4 July to 7 July.
by J (guest)  

Re: Visiting Japan late June till early July 2020 2019/12/9 10:18
Hi!

I've been going to Japan during that time period for the last 4 years because that is when my child is done with school. We are actually planning trip #6 for similar dates to yours and plan to fly back on the 3rd or 4th.

From what I am seeing with airfares and hotel prices, I don't think it should be an issue with the Olympics since they're not going to start until a good 2-3 weeks after you leave.

In terms of weather, yes, it will be hot and humid or rainy. Sometimes both at the same time. In 2016-2018, Kyoto wasn't bad when we were there in terms of temperatures, but we always had several days of rain. In 2019 we were in Kansai for 2 weeks and there was no real amounts of rain and it was scorching. My kid rebelled one day and just did not want to leave the hotel room air conditioning. However, in 2019, Tokyo was super rainy, so Tokyo was not as hot and humid as it was some of our days other years. In general though, I find Tokyo doesn't get as humid as Kyoto or Osaka.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Japan late June till early July 2020 2019/12/9 10:18

I assume it would be busy, but not as busy as late July when the game starts.

by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Japan late June till early July 2020 2019/12/9 18:50
Mid June to mid July is the rainy season so yes, it will be hot, humid and very wet while you're there. It will become even more hot and humid after the rainy season ends.

It's before the Olympics however so it won't be moverly crowded due to that although I imagine some people will be coming before the games start to do some sightseeing.

by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread