Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

Does anyone know any bakeries in Tokyo? 2005/6/7 03:54
I'd like some locations around Tokyo where there are good bakeries, if anyone knows.

Thanks!
by casey  

... 2005/6/7 16:07
Bread is different on every person. What is your preference? I wonder if you'd like the Spanish type from Pan Yaki Nin located near Toritsu-daigaku station on the Toyoko Line. They sell some delicous ham as well. Check out the photos.
http://witz.jh.net/tomo/shops/IBIZA.html

Their phone number is 03-3718-0700, and their on Meguro Dori street. Closed on Tuesdays.

Otherwise, department store basements carry a variety of tasty bread.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Bakeries? 2005/6/7 16:56
Casey,

Try Paul in Tokyo station.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Ueno Station 2005/6/8 08:12
There's a shop in Ueno Station that sells decent Western style bread, cakes etc. It is not cheap though
by yellow rate this post as useful

Pon Ya 2005/6/17 17:53
I havnt found a bakery I don't like in Japan. They have some different treats from what we eat in the West. Mayo and corn topped pon is one of my favorites. Custard filled and apple pie is tops too. Like the other post said just about any department store has a bakery section. Lots of small bakeries located around Tokyo. When visiting, I try to go to a chain restraunt called Peko chans. They have excellant cakes and treats. Yum! enjoy.
by BB rate this post as useful

Bakeries 2005/6/21 20:00
There is an Andersen bakery (a chain, but still great) at the corner of Omotesando and Aoyama (across from Mizuho bank). Also, Le Deux Magots in Shibuya station.
by TokyoMJ rate this post as useful

Sunmerrys 2005/6/22 01:58
We tried several bakeries in Tokyo and really liked Sunmerrys. There are several locations. You go in and get a tray and pick out what you want yourself and check out. Delicious and good variety. We went to one in Nakano Mall but saw them in several other locations throughout Tokyo.
by Eileen rate this post as useful

more of a cafe, but still.... 2005/6/22 08:22
Cafe De Crie shops throughout Tokyo, such as the one next to Tokyo University.

Stop by for a quick pastery, sandwich, and even yummy honey peach tea in the morning or afternoon for a refreshing break.
by David rate this post as useful

bakery. 2005/6/22 10:36
Pantasia.
by asuma rate this post as useful

PAUL?? 2005/8/21 23:54
is the paul at tokyo station the same paul as in france???
by jemmi rate this post as useful

Different ones 2005/8/23 23:09
Hi

There were lots of bakeries around. Like Andersen that has been mentioned already and also a chain called Cozy Corner. But watch out so you don't get pastry filled with red bean paste :-) Well, I guess it is not that bad if you are used to it. My wife and I went to Japan on vacation in May 2005. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/japan_tokyo.htm

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
by Gard rate this post as useful

dark rye bread. 2005/8/24 00:58
I can't find it anywhere. I have found rye bread, it's close, but not the same. Does anyone know of a place that sells dark rye bread? It's really dark brown and has a strong sour taste, like sour dough bread, but stronger, yet it is a totally different taste. I live in Chiba, but am willing to go to Tokyo to find dark rye bread. If anyone here has seen it pretty please tell me the bakerie, shop, department store, anything. Thanks a lot.
by sarahck rate this post as useful

Bakeries 2005/8/24 08:42
Jemmi,

is the paul at tokyo station the same paul as in france???

Yes. There is also one inside Omiya station.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

More Bakeries 2006/3/5 22:12
There's a Paul bakery just outside the Roppongi-Ichome station (in the Izubu Gardens complex). There are two good bakeries (one of which is Andersen) in the Ark Mori building (next to the ANA Hotel, either Tameke-Sanno or Roppongi-Ichome stations).
by Timothy rate this post as useful

Andersen Bakery 2008/7/3 17:15
Andersen bakery in the Omotesando area of Tokyo, is one of the best bakeries I have ever experienced anywhere in the world
by Ron Schweitzer rate this post as useful

Vegan 2008/7/3 17:24
By any chance, are there any vegan bakeries in Tokyo?
by Lily rate this post as useful

Many, many bakeries 2008/7/4 20:27
Andersen's is great but so is Kobeya Kitchen. Many outlets of both throughout the city. I can also recommend St. Germaine and Aux Bacchanale, both with many outlets in Tokyo, as well. You could also try Kimuraya in Ginza, it's famous and usually has a line. There are also many small bakeries throughout the city that are great. If you're in a hurry, just go to the closest Dept. Store and check out the basement food stalls.
by Natsuki rate this post as useful

Bakery 2008/7/5 23:48
There is a very old little Traditional Japanese Bakery at
Nihonbashi-kobunacho,Chuo-ku,
It is just near the Sumisho Hotel.
by Kit rate this post as useful

Good bakery in Shinjuku 2008/7/7 19:02
There is a pretty good bakery in Shinjuku, on your right hand on the walkway, just before the mainentrance to Takashimaya. (Don't remember the name, sorry)

They have different kinds of breadrolls, croissants, pies, etc.
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

Yanakaginza 2008/7/7 21:14
Near Nippori station where I live, there's a small bakery in the 'Yanakaginza' area (a street with many shops) called Atom. I go there every week. They make good French bread, which I use to make lunch during the week, and they also make some really good pizza.
by Dr Bob rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

reply to this thread