Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in mid April 2020/1/5 18:30
Hi I have planned my trip to Japan from 10th-24th April 2020.
I would like to know if is it worth visiting Kanzawa, Takayama and Miyajima or should I only visit two of those places?
my Itinerary is as below
Tokyo 10th to 16th ( day trips to Niko, fuji and maybe HAkone?) or not ?
osaka 16th - 20th (day trips to Kyoto, Hiroshima and himeji mt koya?
Kanazawa- 2 nights shirakawago day trip?
Takayama one night
return to Tokyo for the last night.
What should I change?
I do not want to go to similar places id rather see different things. should remove any and add something else?
Please help.
dee
by dee (guest)  

Re: Japan in mid April 2020/1/6 09:24
Hi, on that itinerary I wouldnt bother with Miyajima but I would add a Nara daytrip to Osaka and a Kamakura/Enoshima daytrip to Tokyo. Miyajima is pretty but a bit out of the way, if you want to see deer you will see them at Nara and if you want to see the ocean you will see it at Kamakura and Enoshima.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in mid April 2020/1/6 16:03
I you do as @Lazy Pious suggests then you have the basis of a really nice trip. I adore Hiroshima/Miyajima but it is a long way for a day trip & there are things nearer to Osaka, for me Nara is a must.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in mid April 2020/1/6 18:07
That's a long time in Tokyo/Osaka and if you want to see more in your two weeks (15 days) then you could re-arrange quite a lot. I've been doing trips for a decade and refining what I think makes for a good two week tour for the last five years - tinkering and responding to guest feed back from hundreds of people.
Tokyo a couple of days, stay in Hiroshima, more nights in Kyoto (skip Osaka) Kanazawa and Takayama (I find Takayama better than Kanazawa), and then a variety of ways back to Tokyo (Matsumoto/Nagano for example).
But, you might prefer something different.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Japan in mid April 2020/1/6 19:17
I'd be inclined to drop a day (maybe two) out of Tokyo, pick one of Hakone/Mt Fuji area and maybe do a night there, before going to Odawara and heading to Osaka, or Hiroshima if you want to go that far. I've not been to the Fuji area at all-somehow it never makes the cut on our trips.

I don't so much like Miyajima, and think Hiroshima is too much to see for a day trip, so I'd make at least one night of it before coming back to Osaka. If you like temples, Nara is well worth a visit, and you'll see deer there as well. Himeji castle is beautiful too.

After Osaka, I'd go to Kanazawa (don't miss Kenrokuen if you like gardens) and do the side trips, then head back via Nagano on to Matsumoto to see the castle. We took the train from Matsumoto to Shinjuku-Chuo line I think-and that was a nice thing to do.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time in Japan!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread