Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

11 days in Japan 2020/1/7 03:55
Hello Everyone, I need some help with planning my 11 days 10 nights trip to japan.
I will land in Narita at 2pm from March 23 to April 2.
Day 1: 23 land at airport - stay in Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo - Asakusa and Odaiba
Day 3: Tsukiji fish market
Day 4: Imperial place
Day 5: kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto
Day 8:Nara- should I book a hotel in nara, or go back to kyoto or just hop on a train to Osaka.?
Day 9: Osaka
Day 10: Osaka
Day 11: Back to tokyo flight leave 6pm:
Should I buy the 7 day JR pass.
by sansan1  

Re: 11 days in Japan 2020/1/7 10:31
Hello! In regards to your upcoming trip to Japan, I probably wouldn't recommend you doing the 7-day pass. Those are usually useful if you're going ot be doing LOTS of traveling within Japan. If you're primarily staying in Tokyo and then coming to Kyoto and Osaka, I would just take the Shinkansen and then local trains from Kyoto to Osaka.

You also don't necessarily need to book a hotel in Osaka as Kyoto is quite close to it. You can just take a train from Kyoto to Umeda (Osaka) which is about 40 minutes. Keep in mind, there are 3 different kinds of Shinkansen trains to take and all 3 are different speeds. You'll be paying the most with "Nozomi", so if getting to Kyoto from Tokyo in 2 and a half hours is very fast, look into the other 2 Shinkansen trains and prices and how long it will take.

I hope the info helps and enjoy your trip!
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: 11 days in Japan 2020/1/7 14:43
I will land in Narita at 2pm from March 23 to April 2.

This is the cherry blossom season in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. In general Tokyo is a few days earlier, and the peak day in Tokyo is around 1st Apr. Further weather in Tokyo is better in winter, but March is not good month for Tokyo. Of course weather varies year to year, so Tokyo in next March may be good, but in general, you might better go to Kyoto first. If you land in Narita at 14:00 then you might better consider flight to Osaka (Itami). ANA's 16:40 flight is about 78 USD.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread