Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for tefl jobs while staying in Tokyo 2020/3/10 17:48
Im looking for my first English teaching job in Japan. Ive got a masters degree and a tefl certificate.

I was thinking of just flying to Tokyo immediately and looking for work when i get there. I have the resources to stay 1-2 months like this. Im not specifically looking for a position in Tokyo.

I thought this would maybe make it easier to get a job and i could interview in person.

Any opinions on my idea or anyone done similar?

Thanks very much
by Scotty7  

Re: Looking for tefl jobs while staying in Tokyo 2020/3/11 02:55
My friend work in Tokyo as TESOL,means Teaching English to speakers of other Languages with work visa.you can consider it.
by Dina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for tefl jobs while staying in Tokyo 2020/3/11 06:56
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for tefl jobs while staying in Tokyo 2020/3/11 12:36
TEFL is Teaching English as a Foreign Language, so a certificate in that is equivalent to TESOL certificate.

As mentioned above, currently changing in-country from Temporary Visitor status to employer-sponsored work permitting resident status is strongly discouraged, at times the applications are not accepted, and you are asked to go the gCoE (certificate of eligibility) to visah path.

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for tefl jobs while staying in Tokyo 2020/3/11 19:04
Immigration is starting to become more strict about tourist to work visa cases. See https://blog.gaijinpot.com/japanese-immigration-has-begun-enforcing-st... . Recommend that you try to sort out your job (and visa) before landing
by apparition rate this post as useful

reply to this thread