Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Entering 10 days early on a student visa 2020/3/20 12:37
Hi,

I already have a student visa for Japan. And I was supposed to leave on 31st March and arrive on 1st April. But because of the current situation international flights from my country might get cancelled. So, if I leave 10 days early, is it any problem?

I was wondering that since the visa is valid for 2 years. And the course is also 2 years long. Will my visa expire before the course ends, if I arrive early?
by Dash_Dash (guest)  

Re: Entering 10 days early on a student visa 2020/3/20 13:46
If you already have the visa you should be allowed to enter. Have a look if it says something about the first day you can enter.

Most likely youfll need to undergo 2 weeks of self quarantine once you arrive, but what are 2 weeks for 2 years.

I would not worry now about the end date. Most students arrive a bit early s as he get a bit of extension at the end to wrap things up.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Entering 10 days early on a student visa 2020/3/20 17:39
COE (for student, in your case) is valid for 3 months after the issued date. and the student visa which you will get at Japanese embassy in your country is valid again for 3 months. you need to enter Japan within the term when both are valid. when you enter Japan, you will have resident status (as a student) for 2 years.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Entering 10 days early on a student visa 2020/3/21 01:08
Depending on your country it might be that your visa got Invalidated if you arrive on 21/3 or later. Best advise might be to contact the Japanese embassy in your current country.

g Starting from 0:00AM (JST) March 21, all efficacy of single and multiple entry visas issued by March 20 at Japanese Embassies and consulates in all areas of the Schengen member states* or Ireland, Andora, Iran, England, Egypt, Cyprus, Croatia, San Marino, the Vatican, Bulgaria, Monaco or Romania will be terminated and visa exemption measures will be stopped sequentially. This will be effective until the end of April, and effective dates may be updated.
Iceland, Italy, Estonia, Austria, Holland, Greece, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Hungary, Finland, France, Belgium, Poland, Portugal, Marta, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourgh

Quote from: https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/topics/notice200127/
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread