Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying gym equipment for home use 2020/3/29 12:05
Hello all. I want to buy a few pieces of gym equipment, such as cross trainer, bench press, etc. So I can workout at home.

But I live on the third floor of an apartment building and I'm concerned that I will cause noise and disturb the people in the apartment below me.

I plan to buy rubber mats to put under the exercise equipment and I will be using them in the early evening during the week.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

Any advice would be appreciated.
by Toshs  

Re: Buying gym equipment for home use 2020/3/29 13:47
Check how new/old your building is – newer ones have better sound insulating properties - and also the type of construction. But still personally I would never use any gym equipment that involves any running or stepping movement, on an upper floor of any apartment building, even if it on rubber mat on a carpeted floor. If it is the so-called gflooringh floor – the wooden-looking thin panels – no way, because sound and vibration travel through those materials very easily.

I live on the fourth floor of an apartment building. Since a few months ago, strange noise started coming from somewhere very regularly – initially I thought it was carpenter/reform work, but it is obviously not. Some other neighbors from different floors complained about it too, which told me it is not just one unit that gets affected, and by now we suspect that it is one of those gstepperh exercise machines. Even that sound goes through the wall/floors and can be a nuisance.

Also check with the landlord or the building management company to see what is considered gok.h
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread