Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possible work for 21 year old student 2020/3/31 06:45
Hello,

I'm 21 years old, living in the the Netherlands, finished my secondary school ( HAVO/VWO) and was wondering if it is possible to work/study temporary in japan just to visit the country again.

Any ideas? Maybe help teaching english there? Other jobs? And studying? I heard a visum is not easy... are there japanese job applications for foreigners with just secondary school..?
by Jorn1999  

Re: Possible work for 21 year old student 2020/3/31 16:01
with just secondary school..?
No .. BUT
you may be in luck .. in Apr 2020 Japan-Netherland started Work Holiday Visa program.

Check if you are qualify for this WHV
https://www.nl.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/r_workingholidayvisa.html

Normal visa requirement
https://www.juridique.jp/immigration.php
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possible work for 21 year old student 2020/3/31 16:45
If you donft have at least a bachelorfs degree or some special skills such as qualified as a chef in Dutch cuisine, just with a high school diploma you will not be able to find employment in Japan (due to visa requirements for a work visa).

If you want to study, though, for example the Japanese language in a specialized school, you can apply to be a full-time student, and get a student visa if you get accepted by a school and fulfil the requirements (including some financial requirements). While studying in such a school with good grades and good attendance, you can work part-time work (up to 28 hours a week), which gmighth be helping English teaching (I donft know how proficient you are in English) or convenience store clerk (after you pick up some of the language).

If you just want to visit/travel for a while, I believe Dutch nationals can stay up to 90 days on Temporary Visitor status, though no paid work is allowed. Soc either way, to come as a student or a tourist, you do need to have some savings. Also currently there are serious delays in processing visa and also restrictions on travel, so I donft see anything you can really plan for in the coming year (applying with language schools takes some months).

Oh, I didnft know about the Working Holiday Visa program being now available to those from the Netherlands – that might be the best option if you qualify.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Possible work for 21 year old student 2020/3/31 17:59
The WHV looks great! Thanks! I will check if i apply!
by Jorn1999 rate this post as useful

Re: Possible work for 21 year old student 2020/3/31 18:05
The WHV looks great! Thanks! I will check if i apply!
by Jorn1999 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread