Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Options to move to Japan 2020/4/3 02:41
Hi all. My ultimate dream is to move to Japan. Been there for holiday twice for holiday and I'm falling in love.
But how can I do that?
I looked at several options on google:
1. Me getting a job.
2. Enrolling my daughter to a school there and I can be her guardian.

Both of us has started to take japanese language lesson 2 months ago.

Option 2 seems better because in order for me to get a job there I have to pass at least JLPT 3 or 2 and that will take a long time.
I can take my work anywhere so that I dont necessarily need to get an office job there. Then I can take japanese course over there too.

Is option 2 a possibility?

Any input is much appreciated.
‚ ‚肪‚Æ‚¤‚²‚´‚¢‚Ü‚·
by Evina (guest)  

Re: Options to move to Japan 2020/4/3 09:58
2. Enrolling my daughter to a school there and I can be her guardian.

You won't get a "guardian visa" because it doesn't exist. Your daughter cannot be enrolled in a local school because she's not a resident. Parents needs to be residents with a valid visa (not the tourist one...) to be allowed to have their kids to be enrolled in a japanese/international school.

You know if it was that easy, I think this country would be even more crowded than it already is.

Your only solution is finding a job, you will need a degree and a company willing to sponsor your work visa. The "kiddo solution" will not be allowed by the immigration.
by T.K. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Options to move to Japan 2020/4/3 10:08
Work (either gaining employment based in Japan or starting a business in Japan IF you have the capital and business savvy to do that) and study are your two main options. You don't need any JLPT certificate to gain employment in Japan, and in my experience many employers do not even know what the JLPT is.

I recommend thinking about what work you could do in Japan that is relevant to your skills and interests. Studying in Japan is also a reasonably painless route to (somewhat temporary) residence, but that requires money.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Options to move to Japan 2020/4/9 10:17
Try for English teaching job
by livener rate this post as useful

Re: Options to move to Japan 2020/4/9 11:05
Try for English teaching job

And finding a nursery is just a piece of cake and even more with an english teacher paycheck. Let's just be honest: the job market all over the world and also here in Japan will be a mess for a long time after COVID-19. It also includes the "english teaching market".

OP did not say anything important about herself:
- does she have a degree? If not, she should just forget about working in Japan as a foreign woman with a kid and without a degree. It is already hard enough for the natives...
by T.K. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread