Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/9 18:02
On March 23, I applied for a change of status of residence from temporary visitor to spouse of Japanese national. Today, we received the post card from Tokyo Immigration. It says we need to proceed to D5 counter then A1 counter and bring 8000 yen cash and my husbandfs resident tax certificate.

From what Ifve read from other peoplefs experience, the usual fee is only \4000 in form of revenue stamp. So wefre wondering why I needed to pay double. Anyone here who had the same experience? Thanks!
by FPH (guest)  

Re: Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/15 16:43
Update:

Got my residence card today. We went to D5 counter first to submit my husbandfs residence tax certificate at 12:30 PM. We were advised to come back at the counter by 1 PM. We were told that my documents will have to be assessed first.

When we came back at 1 PM, we were told to buy a 4000 yen revenue stamp at Family Mart downstairs. We were asked to bring 8000 yen cash on the post card because my temporary visitor visa was about to expire on Friday. If we went to the immigration later than Friday, we would have to pay for two 4000 yen stamps.

I was also supposed to go to A1 counter for the card but they processed everything at the D5 counter and received my card there after paying the fee. It was actually helpful because the line at A1 counter is really long....

The process took three weeks. I got one year validity.
by FPH (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/15 20:47
Thanks for the update. And congratulation,

Just curios..based on your post, you apply for change of status from temporary visitor to spouse of Japanese National.
Are you from visa waiver country with period of 90 days stay?
Usually, when someone apply for change of status from temporary visitor, if the application is accepted, your period of stay should be extended for 2 months.

When you say "my temporary visitor visa was about to expire on Friday.", is that expiration your initial period of stay expiration ? or expiration of extension after application accepted.

But then again, in you last comment, the whole change of status process took 3 weeks, so something doen't quite add up here. And the extra 4,000 yen for extension?

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/15 21:10
Hi @

Initially, I was on a 30-day temporary visitor visa from Feb 18 to Mar 19. But due to lockdown announced by the Philippine government, we decided to extend my visa for another month. It was granted for another 30 days, hence my extension of stay visa will expire on April 18.

When my visa was extended, we decided to apply for change of status of residency on Mar 23. Post card from immigration arrived on April 9. On the post card, it indicates that we can go to immigration from April 14-April 30. So thatfs in between my visa expiration date. If we decided to go to immigration after April 18, i would have to pay for another 4000 yen for extending my stay.
by FPH (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/15 21:48
"we can go to immigration from April 14-April 30."
that indication may imply that your application will be granted.
in the case of denial, they may indicate the specific date (and the specific time) to come to the office.
http://www.yakoffice.com/%E7%94%B3%E8%AB%8B%E3%81%AB%E5%AF%BE%E3%81%99...
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese National RC for 8000 yen 2020/4/15 22:44
FPH..
Again thanks for the reply and explanation.

Just find it weird that extra 4,000yen for extension since it is known/understood that you'll automatically get 2 months extension or until your application result id decicded(whichever come first) if your application for change of status is accepted.
So you should ahve gotten 2 months extension from Mar 18th since your application is accepted.

Another thing come to light is A1 and D5. Seems like A1 is guarantee of approval whereas D5 will require further consultation before approval.

Anyway thanks again and congratulation on the approval.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread