Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/10 03:14
I am a Foreigner with spouse of Japanese national visa.Can I claim
300000 yen due to decrease my income for coronavirus pandemic.
Do I need to go city hall or social security agency or hello work.?

by Sri (guest)  

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/10 10:41
The 300000 yen is provided to those who suffered a serious decrease per household and not per person.

But whatever questions you have concerning the corona virus, try calling by phone or emailing your local city hall. They're quite helpful, and policies change every day. There are also corona loans that are available to a lot more people.

It's best to avoid traveling directly to the building.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/10 11:30
I think you should follow the news better or talk with your wife.
The government will give 300,000 yen in cash relief to households whose finances have been depleted by the novel corona virus pandemic. As long as you have partially work or your wife works you cannot apply.

Everyone is effected to this situation not only you.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/10 19:33
I find that a lot of people on this forum are being negative recently, and rightfully so. But I don't think it will hurt to consult your situation to a public servant. Be sure to have them send your opinions to the municipal or government if you have any. The Japanese Prime Minister says we should speak up if things are not going according to how the government says they're supposed to be.

And I don't know what kind of job you are doing, but I've already applied for a corona-related loan, and the application was easy and the man on the phone was extremely helpful. I wish I could say more based on experience, but I would have to wait, at least, until May to see if it was granted. Meanwhile, I spoke to my client like some other workers did, and the client decided to pay me in a few weeks a large amount that was to be postponed for months.

So in short, try speaking to whoever you need to.

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/11 00:56
You will get 4100 yen per day if company worker unable to work from 27 February to 30 June, 2020

Besides 8330 yen per employee government compensation program for a day off subsidies given to company.
by Jisan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/11 08:11
As noted above, the payment is per household. Like many measures, they are still making up the rules as they go along, including some announcements yesterday (Friday) for eligibility.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/11 09:00
if you ask it to city hall, you can't get the answer, because it is too early to ask. nothing is fixed.
the outline is that your income has to become low drastically (less than a half of the previous). it means only a few people, like losing a job, will be eligible.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/11 12:19
if you ask it to city hall, you can't get the answer, because it is too early to ask. nothing is fixed.

I forgot to mention that I first obtained the information about the loan when I asked the city hall, which then suggested I call the Japan Finance Corporation. If I hadn't asked the city hall, I wouldn't have been able to apply for the loan as early as that. The loan is yet to be granted, but there are many applications you can send today if you are qualified. But there is no concrete time limit to apply, so it would never be too late to ask.

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/13 17:34
Thanks A Lot.
by Sri (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/14 02:39
You will get=4100 yen~125 Day=512500 yen
If you unable to work from 27 February to 30 June,2020
by Jisan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/15 15:05
Its a great news.
I hope,my Japanese wife also get 512500 yen.

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/18 18:45
PM Abe says government is planning to give 100000 yen in cash per person.This replacing the plan for payments of 300000 yen to households suffering serious drops in income.
by Dona (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/19 12:05
Abe has made the unbelievable decision to withdraw the \300,000 support payment to those people in need, and now give \100,000 to everyone!

This blanket \100,000 handout is just absurd. It does not address individual needs at all. It has not yet been fully explained, but it currently appears that people who are still in employment and working from home will receive exactly the same benefit as people who have lost their jobs - an outrageous situation.

As a freelancer, I have had all my work since mid-March until the end of May cancelled - more than 2 months. And I know others are in similar situations. It seems grossly unfair that the original proposed \300,000 support (specifically for people who have lost income) has been slashed by 2/3, and now even people who don't need it will get an extra lump of cash.

For those like myself who currently have zero income, the\100,000 may not even cover this month's rent yet alone all the other expenses that must be met. And then what happens next month?
by Pavinder rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/19 12:47
Pavinder,

This used to be 300,000 yen gper household,h with strict income restriction (complicated!) to simpler 100,000 yen gper person.h So it is not all that evil, though the question of how effective this will be remains, as you say.
For freelancers (like yourself and myself) there is other financial assistance if your revenue for the same month has declined by 50% or higher compared to last year; I believe you can claim for any month during this year, with the max. 1 million yen total (capped at the actual drop in revenues vs. 2019). The procedure is posted (and will be updated) on the website of Small & Medium Enterprise Agency. I am not sure if the same info is available in English right away though.
https://www.chusho.meti.go.jp/
Take care, be safe, and letfs survive this.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/20 08:28
The change is due to politics - some interesting articles in the press about how/why it happened.
Most of the "support" I've seen are loans rather than grants - and those are not very useful or helpful.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/21 18:18
Arigatou Gozaimasu.

Re: 300000 yen for spouse of Japanese 2020/4/22 13:38
Lol people get money and still complains.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread