Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Would I be able to become a real student? 2020/4/19 16:23
Question:
Would I be able to become a real student not an exchange student. Would it be possible to be to go to a Japanese school for the full 3 years but kinda abroad like alone no family.

Much love,
Hallee
by Hallee (guest)  

Re: Would I be able to become a real student? 2020/4/19 18:11
Umm... not enough details.

Do you want to be a university student or high school?

University, yes sure. There are some programs in English and others in Japanese. For the Japanese ones youfd need to go to a language school first (or somehow otherwise learn fluent Japanese first) and the you can enroll, if you pass all the entrance exams.

Highschool, difficult unless your parents relocate to Japan. Plus you need to know fluent Japanese.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Would I be able to become a real student? 2020/4/19 19:45
For highschool?

Nearly impossible unless your parents have resident status in Japan and you speak fluent Japanese...
the last one doesn't really matter if you go to an international school.
by saltystormspirit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Would I be able to become a real student? 2020/4/19 21:39
Sorry to seem a bit mean - but if you are unable to ask this question in Japanese and find an appropriate forum to ask this question, then the answer should be reasonably obvious now.

You need to be able to read, write and speak good Quality Japanese to be a Japanese student. Japanese writing is not like the western alphabet - it takes the majority of elementary school to learn the Kanji to be able to read a simple newspaper.

On the visa side - who is going to be your guardian in Japan?
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread