Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 00:23
Hi, I am new to this website, so please excuse me if I'm using it incorrectly. ;^;
I am a 16 year old girl from England and I had planned on going to Japan in August for a month and attending a language school there.
Due to coronavirus, I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to go anymore, and I was really looking forward to it too...
I know that there is not a definitive answer, but I'd like to know your opinion. ^-^
Thanks.
by naomi 2003  

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 06:49
Maybe but doubtful.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 08:20
Largely unknown - most governments are making up the rules as they go for things like entry requirements (visas) and quarantine rules. And then you actually need an airline that is flying to/from Japan.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 09:01
I think it is very unlikely that Japan will reopen its borders towards Europe as early as August. We have barely passed the peak of the first wave...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 13:16
Sorry, but I don't think it's likely.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 15:06
Were you already accepted to the program? You should be able to contact them directly for updates on whether you can go and what they will do if you cannot go (money refund, etc).

Most summer programs have already been cancelled though, so yours is probably cancelled, too. Still, contacting them directly will give you the best information. Even if it is not what you want, it's better to ask the organization to remove all doubt.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Will I be able to go to Japan? 2020/4/26 19:56
I am also from the UK. I have rebooked my summer trip for November. I'm not 100% certain I will be able to go ahead with this (probably more like 50%), but I feel a lot more confident about that than I did about my original plan. This is just my opinion, pure conjecture, but basically I think going to an airport and flying to another country this summer is going to be out of the question for the vast majority of normal travellers.
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread