Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is 200K a month enough to live in Kyoto? 2020/4/30 02:45
I'm still in process of job recruitment in Kyoto, Japan. I' ve never been or lived in Japan before. So I have no idea what are the cost like living in Japan. I'm still single and I wan to know if salary range between 200.00 - 250.000 a month is enough to live and have saving in Kyoto.
I'm not a big spender on clothing, stuff etc. Probably will eat out something nice every 2 weeks. Maybe I will cook on daily basis. As for housing I prefer a furnished/ semi furnished so I don't have to buy more things, as long as it is within 10 sq/m I'm okay with it. Thank you
by stephan94  

Re: Is 200K a month enough to live in Kyoto? 2020/4/30 10:59
Generally speaking, a salary of 250,000 yen a month is enough for a modest, single-person lifestyle with a modest, unfurnished single-room apartment. As a reference, 250,000/month is more or less what most entry-level English teaching jobs pay. You won't be able to live lavishly, and you won't have a ton to put into savings, but it's enough for an enjoyable lifestyle if you don't have particularly expensive tastes.

At 200,000 a month, though, an enjoyable lifestyle AND having much left over for savings is going to become difficult.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200K a month enough to live in Kyoto? 2020/4/30 13:32
Note that the actual amount you get will be 170-180K after tax, pension, and so on.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200K a month enough to live in Kyoto? 2020/4/30 14:44
Does that pay also have a bonus too (e.g. summer and winter bonus)? If no bonus that would be only 2.4M yen a year, which is far too low.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread