Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tax for visa 2020/5/12 21:19
I got married to japanese citizen and i am living in japan almost 2 years.
We moved to Tokyo last summer.
I am going to apply for renew my spouse visa.
We need tax but as we not lived in osaka before we had to ask osaka city hall to send us.
We received call from city hall saying that tax of my husband are ok to send, but mine there is no tax...
I am living in japan almost 2 years and since i came i always had part-time job so how there is no tax documents for me???
by pali (guest)  

Re: tax for visa 2020/5/12 22:30
Have you filed for any income tax in the past year for yourself (if your part-time job pays you an amount over a certain limit)?
Or your pay for the year (past calendar year) was less than a certain amount, and you are registered as your husband's dependent so that you did not have to pay taxes?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tax for visa 2020/5/12 22:37
"i always had part-time job so how there is no tax documents for me???"
Did you file your tax return during your 2 years at the tax ofice?
If no, then you don't have tax record.

Part time worker normally have to file their own tax return unless your employer do tax deduction/filing (withholding tax ) unless required.

Are you dependent (health, pension) to your spouse, earning less than 1,030,000 yen a year.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tax for visa 2020/5/13 00:21
when i was in osaka end of 2018 the company i was wotking for gave me documents to fill for tax return. I remember i had almost 10000yen back if i remember well.
at that time i was paying pension, health inssurance and tax
And around february 2019 i received a letter asking me to pay yearly tax.
I went to cityhall with my husband and they said I didnt earn enough to pay it.
I started working in September 2018 so it wasnt even a year i was working in japan.
last summer we moved to Tokyo and i start to work part-time in September 2019.
I dont earn enough so i am not paying pension or tax and I am included in my husband health inssurance.
I remember I received a tax letter maybe in January but my husband said it is nothing never mind...
by pali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tax for visa 2020/5/13 10:29
you needed to report your total income (in 2019) in Osaka and Tokyo, to tax office in Tokyo.
Have you done it ?
when you change your jobs, you need to bring 򒥎[, issued by the old company, to the new company which hires you. then, the new company will calculate your annual income automatically at the end of the year, (in your case, the end of 2019). if you did not bring it, you need to file tax return by yourself.
this process is extremely important for you, because you need the certificate to renew the status.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tax for visa 2020/5/13 14:19
I think I had that document, but in December my husband's company were filling for tax for him and as we are married they asked him to give them that document...
Actually I didnt understand why...
So when I received the tax documents to fill I asked my husband and he said it is ok no need to do it...
I didnt think I would need it.
There are things I really dont understand, Especially documents and tax.
My income is not that much so I thought I shouldn't mind for now.

My husband payed his tax we gonna submit his for the visa.
But what can i do about mine??
probably my chance to get 3 years are impossible.

by pali (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread