Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Laid Off. Inform Immigration? 2020/5/16 22:41
Hello.

Like many, I lost my job due to the coronavirus.

I know if you change jobs you have to inform immigration, but what if you lost your job (still looking for work), do you still report that?

If yes, I'm looking at the form right now. Do I just fill out when I was terminated, and leave the "new organization" part blank?

by BigBoyTeddy  

Re: Laid Off. Inform Immigration? 2020/5/17 13:19
Sorry to hear of your situation.
I believe you (both the employee and the employer) are required to report material changes relevant to your resident status within 14 days of that happening. So yes you need to report the change in your employment status. If you go in person, tell them matter-of-factly that you are looking for another job.

Another thing: so your employment were terminated? If the company had you under employment insurance, you will be eligible for unemployment benefits.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Laid Off. Inform Immigration? 2020/5/18 08:40
Yes, if you were made redundant, and you were employed by someone reputable, you will have unemployment insurance. The stand-down is just seven days from your first HelloWork appointment. The amount of benefit depends on your salary level, but can be 50%.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Laid Off. Inform Immigration? 2020/5/18 13:06
I know if you change jobs you have to inform immigration, but what if you lost your job (still looking for work), do you still report that?
In both cases, you need to inform immigration.
by Guest40 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread