Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/19 10:26
I read online they said in may people gonna receive a document from government to apply for 100000yen benefit.
I didnt receive anything yet.

I lost my job so that money will be a help.

Has anyone received anything?

How to apply?
by aku (guest)  

Re: Government 100000yen benefit 2020/5/19 14:07
Even though they started this payment program as of May 1st, the process will take a bit longer.
The municipal governmental bodies will start sending out documents (in many cases) in late May. I have not received anything yet either. (They also allow online application, but you need your gmy number cardh and its two passwords, which many people do not have.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/19 14:52
I haven't received the application form either.

Meanwhile, a lot of non-profit groups seem to offer help (such as information in foreign languages and daily supplies) to foreign residents who have lost jobs. Try checking your embassy's or municipal's websites for details. Or if you can tell us what city you live in, someone may be able to find information for you.

Here are some general information from the Ministry.
http://japan.kantei.go.jp/ongoingtopics/coronavirus_info_e.html#c3
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/19 15:26
The process is time consuming and getting the money on your account will take also time.
It is not like you apply and you will have the next day.

Since we are talking about millions of people it may take time for the application to arrive, depending on your prefecture.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/20 00:16
Right. You can't compare it with Germany where people got their money within 48 hours after application.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/20 08:51
Since we are talking about millions of people it may take time for the application to arrive, depending on your prefecture.
Many other countries devised schemes and paid funds to people in a matter of days, not weeks or months, covering millions of people. As the process is going to the prefecture and city level, we are often not talking millions of households.
Most reports I see indicate applications will be sent in June (some in May) and then they will eventually be processed. A bit like Abenomasks (haven't seen any of those either). Even the business support application states they will make the assessment within two seeks and that scheme started taking applications 1st May - requires a few more documents than the 100k yen scheme though.
You can apply using an "app", but not on a computer, and you need to have an up-to-date device as it only works with latest versions of various OS - fortunately I upgraded my phone in February. However, you need a MyNumber card/number and only 16% of the population has one. I do have one of those (expired - no reminders), but it still works for some things.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/20 10:46
@JapanCustomTours
It's impossible someone has a MyNumberCard that's already expired because this system started in 2016 and it expires after 10 years (or 5 years as for the password).
Recommend you to check your information again.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/20 19:20
I got mine in mail today. (Shikoku)
by Hirosake rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/20 19:23
Sorry that was unclear.
I got my application for 10Man today. (shikoku)
by Hirosake rate this post as useful

Re: Government 100000 yen benefit 2020/5/21 07:18
It's impossible someone has a MyNumberCard that's already expired because this system started in 2016 and it expires after 10 years (or 5 years as for the password).
How very false and ignorant. My card was issued with an expiry linked to my status of residence - so valid for a single year. After the first one expired I managed to get it re-issued. Due to travel and renewal of my status of residence I missed the date by three days last November, but I was told it didn't really matter.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread