Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jobs related to Human Resources in Japan 2020/5/30 03:51
Hello,
I was always considering living in Japan. Therefore, I have studied Japanese as a hobby for a long time. After the pandemic, I'm planning to live in Japan. I have a Psychology Degree which consists of Industrial psychology, Personel Selection, Applied Industrial Psychology. I completed an internship in Automotive industry for 3 months.(human resources assistant). After graduation, I enrolled in a compulsory military. I worked there as a third-lieutenant. Rehabilitation center of the military was especially challenging.
During this time I rarely studied Japanese but surprisingly I passed the JLPT N4. So I decided to go japan via Japanese Language Schools. I can afford to stay there for up to 2 years. However, I have concerns about finding jobs. What would you girls/guys recommend?
by Artun  

Re: Jobs related to Human Resources in Japan 2020/5/30 17:19
If you have a university degree in a HR related field, finding a job in a recruitment agency should be possible. In my experience (as customer of these agencies) they have a good number of young English native male employees ( I guess there is the odd female as well, but so far I havenft stumbled across one).
An other classical choice is to be English teacher. Doesnft pay that well but gets you into the job market easier.
Obviously all this is status pre COVID-19, so who knows how the English teacher and recruitment agency market will be in some time. But as you say that you have enough funds to attend language school for 2 yrs it should be fine. After those 2 yrs reasonably you should be at N1.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs related to Human Resources in Japan 2020/5/30 19:47
So you recommend me to network as much as possible before job hunting. I have heard English is a suitable place for that.
by Artun rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs related to Human Resources in Japan 2020/6/1 10:33
recruiting, just as english teaching, is another not so difficult path into Japan for foreigners. they're always in need of people because the turn over is very high. mind you, it's more of a sales job than a typical HR role at some big corporation. base salary is low and most of your money will come from successful placements. it's a stressful job. you have to meet very strict monthly targets and the only way to do so is by doing a lot overtime and working on the weekends. not so stable, because some companies will terminate your job if you can't meet your targets twice in a row. in general, some people start their japan journey there and are eager to move to a more stable job as soon as the chance arises. on the other hand, if you're really good at it (some people just have the talent), you can make some good money there.
by mo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread