Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/14 14:50
How to prevent acne and rashes from wearing masks every day all day?

I've tried all kinds (disposable surgical masks, pitta/foam masks, fabric/clothes masks).
It doesn't matter, I still get acne and rashes.

My family in the US recommended putting some type of lotion on that creates a barrier.
They couldn't remember the name, but said that it looks like calamine lotion.

I've tried to Google it, but all I find are women's magazines recommending facial cleansers.
Does anyone have ANY ideas?
by Dan (guest)  

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/14 23:31
Have you consulted a doctor?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/15 06:31
I did and he said itfs normal since I have sensitive skin. He gave me lotion, but it hasnft changed anything...
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/15 13:18
He gave me lotion, but it hasnft changed anything

In that case, you're expected to visit the same doctor again. Doctors usually start by giving you weak medicine, and see how it works.

But...... I know someone who suddenly decided to really sit down and wash her face really thorough. She said it hurt at first, but that got rid of all her acne. Mind you, I am no expert. Do at your own risk.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/16 09:07
I only use mask in public places and inside buildings where I interact with people. When I ride on bicycle in remote area, I dont use mask. When we wear mask continuously, we consume less oxygen. You can apply lotion.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/16 20:22
Here in Austria people who have sensitive skin or have to wear annoying mask all the time use a shield which looks like this:
shorturl.at/arMO6

its said to be same or more effective as the masks concerning simple virus control
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Acne/Rash from Masks 2020/6/18 06:20
Just saw this fairly lengthy article in the NY Times today:
https://www.nytimes.com/article/maskne-acne.html?action=click&module=F...

The NY Times has a pay wall, but I believe they allow a small number of free articles per month. Whether there is any information in it that you didnft already know, is another question. There is already plenty of advice on the Internet.

Good luck, and be glad you donft live in a country wear large numbers of people simply refuse to wear masks.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread