Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/1 16:40
I have completed my Radiology post graduation from India , and have passed FRCR . I have applied for CESR , so I'll be getting my consultant status for UK soon . So my qualifications right now are MBBS, MD Radiology, FRCR. I currently hold Indian medical license and GMC registration.

I'm interested in moving to Japan in the near future and hopefully settle there . But I cannot find any information on the qualifications required for international doctors , will my qualifications be good enough or should I go through the whole medical education process again in Japan . Or is there any exam to apply for a medical license in Japan .

I'm learning Japanese right now , so I kinda know about all the other requirements for moving to Japan . Just this medical license thing is bothering me .

Any help will be very much appreciated . Thanks
by John (guest)  

Re: Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/1 20:47
I don't really know about the qualification details, but if your goal is just to live and work in Japan, you may want to consider other options such as joining pharmaceutical companies as MSLs, medical divisions, etc.
The requirement there will be less than being a doctor, which undoubtedly will require very high level Japanese language. As an added benefit, pharmaceutical companies likely pay a lot more than doctors for these medical positions as well.
by iii (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/1 21:02
To work as a doctor in Japan, you would need to speak Japanese fluently, as well as learn all the medical terms. That will require a knowledge of both spoken and written (in all three scripts) Japanese. This will take years of work - are you sure you are prepared for that? (Not trying to dissuade you, just making sure you know the reality!)
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/1 22:05
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/topics/2012/05/tp0525-01.html
The requirement for foreign doctor, getting lincense to practice in Japan.
Have fun reading it.

Do a search on the forum. It has been asked quite a number of time.

Added bonus, past year examination question or google
'医師国家試験の問題および正答' for more.
Year2020
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/seisakunitsuite/bunya/kenkou_iryou/iryou/topics...
Year 2019
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/seisakunitsuite/bunya/kenkou_iryou/iryou/topics...
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/2 09:09
I am working in the pharmaceutical market as a equipment designer.
But being a doctor in Japan you need all relevant Japanese qualifications and language.
Your current qualifications do not have a meaning in Japan.

A possibility is to be expat but I do think it would be difficult in the field you are qualified for.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Qualifications for international doctors 2020/7/2 09:34
For practicing as a doctor in Japan, you must be born and brought up as a native Japanese or you must be able to pass the examination for foreign doctors for practice in Japan. The doctor job is basically for native Japanese. Here, all medical science is also in Japanese only. Some critical jobs have requirement that you must born and brought up as native Japanese. But you can try for jobs in pharma companies as someone mentioned here.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread