Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese school exchange program 2020/7/14 09:55
Hi, i am 19 years old, and my citizenship is UK although im originally from asia. Im out of school now but i would like to study in japan.

I saw on youtube that many students from western countries go to japan by student exchange programs. It looked really fun and i would like to try it out too. It would be a great opportunity to experience Japan for a year and experience some great things, and learn more about the culture and high school life in Japan.

I would like to know how these students apply for this program, what are the procedures and applications.
And if you know any other important piece of information about this, please share thanks

thanks for reading
by ilovejapan (guest)  

Re: japanese school exchange program 2020/7/14 10:54
This will be something organised by your school, university or college. Talk to them and see if they have an exchange program in Japan.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: japanese school exchange program 2020/7/14 12:17
In the youtube video, they say they applied for AFS program, but when I go to their website (UK version), Japan isn't even an option. Any suggestions for other companies? I only heard about AFS.

And my age is 19, will programs even accept this age? For the people who went before age 18, do they just drop out of school?
by ilovejapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: japanese school exchange program 2020/7/14 18:27
I knew someone who (from my senior high school in Japan) went on an exchange program with AFS to the States. They donft gdrop out,h but take a year off, so that (unless there is some other arrangement between the schools) they need to do another year in Japan. So if someone went from Japan to the US for one year after completing 10th grade, they spend one year, and when they come back to Japan they simply proceed to the 11th grade classes.
There are other organizations (not really gcompaniesh) that arrange for exchanges, such as Rotary Club.

Itfs not really a matter of age, but the school you are enrolled in, be it your senior high school or college/uni (some universities have a year-long study abroad program as part of their curriculum, or some students opt to take it up for a year).

by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread