Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/4 21:12
Hello,
I have a humanities visa and don't want to do English teaching or translation anymore. That said,
I live in Kyoto and don't really know how I can get into the entertainment industry. I don't really
want to be a model, or become famous. Actually all I really want to do is help those people shine, so maybe becoming a choreographer or production assistant.
I know I'd have to switch my visa, but I don't know if I should take the risk.
I'm currently learning more about video editing and want to make a music video someday.
I really hope I can do what I love and stay in Kansai Japan, but there really aren't too many people
I can ask for advice on this. I would appreciate any opinions and advice I can get.
Please check out my website if you want to know more about me here: lunaex2020.com

Thank you so much in advance.

Luna
by lunaex (guest)  

Re: Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/5 07:41
Do you have qualifications in these areas? Sounds like it's just a dream at the moment; without history in the field why would someone hire you if there are other qualified applicants?

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but instead to encourage you to start doing courses, training, etc. to build up your qualifications so you can be eligible and attractive to work in a new field.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/5 08:43
Most important is if you have enough qualifications that someone want to hire you or if you want to be self employed you need to find clients which can only be done if you have enough experience.
My advise is to stay in the current job position since the current working market is not so stable due the corona outbreak.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/5 10:31
You donft need a degree to become a video editor. You just need a video editing software/app and a camera/smart phone. Start a YouTube channel and post videos, or star in your own video and become a YouTuber.
by Kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/5 12:46
@Kamahen

It is not about the degree but about qualification and experience.
If being a YouTuber is that easy to make enough money to live on than I assume that most people would choose that path.

Unless OP is an experienced entertainer being YouTuber would not generate income enough
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Going into the entertainment biz in Japan? 2020/8/5 19:46
Have you approached people you'd like to work for? What did they say?
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread