Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving situation in corona pandemic abroad 2020/8/7 21:06
I know my question sounds a bit ridiculous but please hear me out. Due to the Corona Virus, I was forced to return back home to my home country the Philippines. However, in the span of this time, my contract with my dorm ends and Ifve been notified that I need to remove my things from the dorm and they suggested I hire a mover/get a friend to do this task. All my friends have returned to their own countries and so I cannot ask them, however, one of the movers I contacted have informed me that it doesnft make sense to hire their services given that Ifm not actually moving and furniture and itfs enough for a one man job. I am also unable to show them my items either way as I cannot take a picture of my dorm once again. I am also not in Japan physically so that may also cause problems. They also mentioned that the moving services would be pricey. I also want to return my thing back here in the Philippines. I need to move out by August 24th.

My second option would have been to have movers move my things into an indoor storage/trunk room. However, if the corona situation stretches out till next year, the costs for the storage might pile up.

Hope to hear your thought on this matter! Any advice or information will help! Thank you!
by Yvette Kapeps (guest)  

Re: Moving situation in corona pandemic abroad 2020/8/8 18:57
Sorry to hear of your situation.

Since you say a gdorm,h are you (or were you) a student here, or working at a company and living in the employerfs dormitory? You are unable to get any help from your school/employer?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread