Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/26 20:48
When you move (i.e. relocate / emigrate) to Japan, do you have to give medical history / medical records to anyone?
by Jonzeh  

Re: Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/27 09:22
If you have an ongoing issue or disease, or regular medication you take, it can only help to provide that information in order to continue receiving the care you need when you relocate to a different country.

But if you are otherwise healthy with no issues and no medications you take regularly, then it really isn't necessary.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/27 14:47
Your post kind of sounds like you have a medical condition that you donft want anyone to know about. (If my interpretation is wrong, please forgive me).

If you work in Japan youfll need to undergo a quite complete medical exam before starting your work (results are provided to your employer) and then do an other exam organized by your company or school on a yearly basis.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/27 16:03
generally speaking, if you are heavily unhealthy, I believe that you need to write it to your CV.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/28 06:19
Different countries have different requirements, but I've never supplied medical records to anyone here and the closest I've ever been to a hospital (other than visiting) is a visit to a dentist.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Medical records needed when moving to japan? 2020/8/29 03:31
Thanks for all the advice :) .

No I don't have any serious conditions to hide. I have (severe) self harm scars on one of my arms from when i was a stupid teenager, and I'm wondering if that could cause any issues during the mandatory medical exam when starting work? Will that be put in a report to the company I'll work for? It just worries me because I'm not sure how Japan views self harm ...
by Jonzeh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread