Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

spouse visa from Japanese embassy with coe 2020/9/11 21:27
Hello
I got my coe as a spouse of PR and then waited until immigration permit for spouses to apply for visa ,and I applied but until now no answer from Japan embassy ,its one month already and still waiting .. I think its because of covid 19 that's why take long time .
Anyone can share their experience similar?
or if got it how long it took?
Thank u
by Max (guest)  

Re: spouse visa from Japanese embassy with coe 2020/9/12 06:34
It is normal even without covid-19 for this process to take up to 3 months. Sometimes more.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa from Japanese embassy with coe 2020/9/12 09:06
without covid, the normal process of getting a visa put in your passport at the embassy if you already have the coe is about a week. thats the point of getting the coe beforehand so the embassy knows you are already approved. it would be silly to wait like 3 months or more for a coe then another 3 months or more for the visa, thats not normal and would defeat the object of getting a coe.
i have been through the process myself, took 5 months to get my coe (particularly busy period) then 1 week to get my visa. it says on my embassys site the process takes about a week.

with covid it could take longer than a week so best to contact them for peace of mind. also check if they have a website with timescales.
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa from Japanese embassy with coe 2020/9/12 20:17
Thank you for the answers
Yes I contacted them and their answers its : it takes time and they have to send all applications to ministry of foreign affairs in Tokyo that's why I takes time . ....
I just would like to know if any body pass through same process...
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread