Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/23 14:07
I am a residence of Japan with student visa.I also have a driving License
Can I registered as a Taxi driver in Japan?
Can I rent my car hourly basis?
by Pronob (guest)  

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/23 20:38
To work as a taxi driver, you need to get a certification called “ñŽí–Æ‹– which is different from ordinally driver's lisence.
Plus you have to work for a registered taxi company.
You can't just work like a Uber driver in Japan.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/23 22:53
Can you speak Japanese? I suspect if you could you might have researched this in Japanese. If you can't speak Japanese there is no hope of driving taxis.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/24 03:24
If you want to drive a taxi in Japan, you have to get hired by a taxi company and become an employee. You can't just register yourself, rent a vehicle from them, and work. The companies pride themselves on impeccable service, so you will have to go through the company's training and also acquire a taxi driver license. Some taxi companies are making a push to hire foreigners, but the requirements are that you have a visa with no work restriction and that you speak Japanese at a business level.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/24 07:02
You need a class two licence - an ordinary licence does not allow you to carry fare paying passengers.
Even if someone is not paying you to drive them, but they are paying you for other services, a class two licence can be required (and was grounds for an illegal tour guide to be deported a few years back - they could have been deported for being an illegal tour guide, but were not - go figure). There are a couple of small/minor exceptions, like those for ryokan owners collecting guests from the nearest train station.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/26 04:52
Thanks A Lot
by Pronob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/28 10:45
Do you really want to be a taxi driver?

Anyway there are some companies hiring foreigners.
https://hinomaru.tokyo/recruit/foreign/en.html

You can have a look and see the requirements and working times.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi driver in Japan 2020/9/28 11:32
well, they take foreigners, but not those on a student visa. they dont sponsor either.
you have to be on a non restricted residence status such as permanent resident, spouse of japanese national or long term resident.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread