Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/10/8 18:18
I applied for japanese citizenship in December of 2019. Actually, my first appointment with the –@–±‹Ç(Homukyoku) was on March of 2019. During the appointment they explained the whole process and gave me a list of documents I had to prepare/submit. It took me 9 months to prepare everything and submit mainly because I did everything on my own(no lawyer) and also because I was busy with my work. After finally submitting and having the application filed on Dec 2019, I had an interview on March of 2020.
They also visited by residence after the interview on the sameday.

Since the interview I haven't heard from the –@–±‹Çso far. It's been nearly 7 months and it is getting more difficult to wait. (No option however). Is there anyone with a similar situation? Please share your experience/thoughts. It would be helpful..

Thanks
by Mtguy  

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/10/26 10:37
Mines similar . I submitted my application in Nov 2019, got the interview done in April 2020.( My Japanese test did not go so well but they accepted the documents anyways) . She said the result should come around October. Been waiting ever since .
by Viki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/10/26 15:36
9-15 months BEFORE covid hit
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/10/26 23:16
Similar situation here as well. Submitted in Dec 2019, interviews early May 2020. At the time of interview I was quoted 6 months (November 2020) but told that the possibility of delay due to COVID was high.
They contacted me in early September to fix a name discrepancy with one of my Parents who changed their surname. Otherwise, no news.
Fingers crossed guys. I hope to have good news soon, I'll update here if anything changes for me.
B
by Bird (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/10/28 15:35
If you had an interview on March 2020. Then Please wait till March 2021. Due to COVID, the process may get delayed. Please have patience.
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/2 20:03
Guest C, not only is that advice completely unhelpful, it's also untrue because things are case by case. I was quoted six months with a caveat. This person won't necessarily have to wait until March 2021.

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/3 06:27
Bird- what you were quoted and what really happens is two different things. Many people have gone through the process before you. And many of those have waited longer than 12 months.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/3 17:36
My application was accepted on March and Interview happened in April 2017. I got my result in 2018 Feb. It depends case by case also. Some people takes 2 years too. In Tokyo, application traffic is more. Dut to corona, the result may get delayed. Only patience is needed. I was also awaiting like you and I can understand. My job changed during the application. Losing the job was very big minus for me but I searched the job within 1 and half months. The need to reapply many things.

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/3 18:32
Hi, Guest C!
Thank you for explaining your personal situation further, and for your understanding. We are all very tired of waiting for news, and the pandemic has made it a bit more of a rush to want some stability I think with rules constantly changing for travel, etc.
I applied in a smaller prefecture, so I hope my case will be quicker. Still, ten months is more than appropriate. Hoping all of us have good news soon

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/7 08:57
Hey guys. I received a phone call yesterday verifying that I was in Japan with no plans to leave and that my residence and job had not changed. This is good news, right? How long do people typically have to wait for a final answer after this?

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/12 08:38
Hi bird, yes that is good news . You should probably see your name in the kanpou in 2-3 weeks .
I actually got a call last week and was asked to take the Japanese test again. Well this time i scored a 100% (last time was 50-60%) and she asked me if there was any change in my situation etc.So I hope to know my results soon as well.

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/11/30 08:55
Btw I just saw my name in the kanpou today ! So the result took me around a year after submission.All the best for the rest of you.

Re: Naturalization result for applicants in 2019 2020/12/1 09:20
If you had an interview on March of 2020. Then please wait till March 2021. It takes 1 year after Interview.

reply to this thread