Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Work visa application during COVID-19 2020/10/12 00:39
Hi all,

I have submitted my application to work at our language school since March this year. Unfortunately this was also around the time that COVID-19 became a global pandemic. It has been 7 months now and I am still waiting...

I have been following the news daily and know that the Japanese government recently allowed all visa holders to enter Japan starting Oct 1 (except for tourist visas). I still have yet to hear back from my COE application and have no idea on the status.

Before I start considering other options, I wanted to see whether there were other people that are waiting for their COEs to be approved through their work application?

Cheers,

Terry
by tailinterrylin  

Re: Work visa application during COVID-19 2020/10/12 14:31
Werentthe processes put on hold or cancelled since covid stopped travel?

I would be asking the school for an update.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work visa application during COVID-19 2020/10/12 16:31
you are over-expected.
it is only 1000 persons per day and there are still other regulations.
I believe that immigration now starts to let the pre-granted visa (resident status) holders get in preferentially.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Work visa application during COVID-19 2020/10/13 04:15
@Terry,

Re: your statement "Japanese government recently allowed all visa holders to enter Japan starting Oct 1 (except for tourist visas). "

Japan is resuming cross-border travel in phased manner. The following MOFA page talks about this: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/cp/page22e_000925.html

by MrZaggy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread