Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there a catch with Rakuten Mobile? 2020/10/21 17:42
Actually I signed up in June and I still haven't found the catch, so I'm inclined to the negative answer. But to summarize, about 10 years ago I was extremely satisfied handling all my data via a tethered eMobile smartphone, but Softbank killed that service. Now Rakuten Mobile seems to be offering the same type of service, but faster and cheaper, and with a free year for signing up. When I signed up they warned me that coverage could be a problem, but so far I haven't had many problems. A bit of instability about two months back, sometimes Symantec VIP Access doesn't work right, but otherwise it's been quite satisfactory. I was hoping to use other Rakuten services, but that part has been a flop so far.

So do you know problems I should be looking for? Or maybe you have a better alternative? I actually want to stay with Rakuten Mobile if the service stays as good as it has been, but I'm not married to it yet. (I'm actually keeping my old J:Com phone for now.)
by shanen  

Re: Is there a catch with Rakuten Mobile? 2020/10/22 00:19
1) Do your phone meet system requirement?
2) Did you set up your phone following the provided manual? You need to replace your APN profile in some cases.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there a catch with Rakuten Mobile? 2020/10/23 23:56
Google easily leads us to information on disadvantages, but I'm not detailed enough to translate it.
https://tsunaga-ru.net/rakuten-mobile-reputation-6560
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is there a catch with Rakuten Mobile? 2020/10/24 02:01
Rakuten Mobile is the most popular MVNO in Japan. I've used it without any problem for years. Some negative campaigns on the internet don't lead to the conclusion that it's useless.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there a catch with Rakuten Mobile? 2020/10/24 18:03
The link I posted is not negative. It says exactly the same thing as the OP's question, which is "What's the catch to this price?" It gives 6 advantages and 5 disadvantages, and it says that if you're okay with these disadvantages, then this is what you're looking for.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread