Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese air-con smells stinky 2020/10/26 20:28
I'm living in Japan and have one of the typical Japanese air conditioners in the apartment. The last day, I noticed a very stinky and musky smell coming from the air conditioner and it smells like it could be some kind of mold or the drain is clogged or something. Does anyone know how to clean these air conditioners the most effective way? I had even bought the japanese air conditioner cleaner spray and sprayed the coils and fins inside, but it still didn't remove the smell.

Can anyone offer suggestions?
by John (guest)  

Re: Japanese air-con smells stinky 2020/10/27 19:38
Get a pro to deep clean it. Costs about 10,000.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese air-con smells stinky 2020/10/29 13:30
The proper way to clean your electric appliance is written in the (often multi-language) manual, which you can usually find on-line or by contacting the manufacturer.

But I agree with hiring a professional cleaning person. It's worth it, especially because it's not good for you to be breathing filthy air. Japan had suffered too many rain this year, so I'm not surprised if your air-conditioner couldn't hold it.

If you don't know how to find a cleaning company, discuss it with your landlord or neighbor. There are so many with different policies about their cleaning methods.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese air-con smells stinky 2020/10/30 10:05
if the item belongs to the landlord, you should ask them.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese air-con smells stinky 2020/10/30 10:20
I hired a professional cleaner to come and do a deep cleaning on my air conditioning unit a while back. ost about 10,000 yen, but was worth it - got rid of the smell.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread