Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 COEs: one with school, one with company 2020/11/3 01:13
Hello All,
First I will elaborate situation:
1) In Dec 2019 I applied for Japanese Language School
2) In March I got the news that My COE has been issued, where expiry date was for June 19
3) Due to COVID 19 I could not fly to japan in APRIL 2020
4) I cancelled the plan for school in Japan for future so I told the school that with mail. and requested my documents back
5) I gave interview in Japanese company in Oct and I got the job and have to join in Feb 2021
************************************** ISSUE ******************************************
1) I was told by the school person that they have renewed my COE because of COVID , COE of all students were valid till April 2021.

What should I do now???
by AD007  

Re: 2 COEs: one with school, one with company 2020/11/3 09:01
What do you gwanth to do?
Itfs with the special circumstances with COVID-19 that your COE with the school was extended, but you can only do one of the two things, so you need to make up your mind.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 2 COEs: one with school, one with company 2020/11/3 21:51
Reading your post again, you say g2 CoEs,h but your employer hasnft yet applied for a CoE, I assume? (You say you have to join in Feb. 2021, but note that CoE can take a long time to be processed.)

I know that double CoE applications is banned, so you should make up your mind what you want to do, and if you want to work, inform the school of your intention, ask them to inform the immigration to cancel the CoE completely, and then ask the employer-to-be to apply for a CoE for a work visa anew.

You informed the school that you wanted your application documents back, but obviously the school didnft inform the immigration authorities of your wish to withdraw your application completely (in the belief that you would study with them if there was a way for you to come to Japan). Now Japan is opening up its border to people who want to come to Japan to study.

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: 2 COEs: one with school, one with company 2020/11/3 22:35
Thanks a lot for providing your view on the question,
1) I will clarify that as above mentioned in the question i have already cancelled my japanese school plan before the May 2020 .

2) I want to go Join as employee because i got the opportunity to do Job in Japanese company,

3) this is the link for your reference
https://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/COE_Extension.html
4) Recently when i asked my Japanese school person for my documents he said that " You can come to the school if you want , your COE is valid till next year April 2021"

5) As I had already asked him to cancel my COE in the month of May 2020 , but because of COVID 19 all the CoE's from Dec 2019 to Jan 2021 are valid even after the expiry period.

6)But the problem here is that CoE generated from school will be valid till April 2021

I hope you got the summary of what i want to say!!

Again thanks a lot for giving your suggestion , I really need help

by AD007 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 COEs: one with school, one with company 2020/11/4 00:37
COE is not issued by school, and it is issued by immigration office.
if you want to cancel it, I think you have to send it back to immigration office.
if you still keep it, it is not cancelled.
https://attorney-office.com/blog/2016-04-ta/
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread