Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent visa 2020/11/21 00:43
Hi every one i stay in Japan from last 5 years recently i got 3 years visa my last visa was also 3 years―i contact with lawyer that is it possible that i can apply for Permanent visa―-my and my wife and we have 4 kids so we are staying in one home 6 persons―my wife disnot work bcoz my kids are small-i pay all the taxes and also i pay shakai houkem from last 4 and half years―i was shocked Lawyer told me that i need 6 million yen annual income―after that i can apply for permanent visa―-my last year income is almost 3.7 million yen which is not sufficent―-what can i so then bcoz i have plan to buy home in Japan but with out permanent visa i can not buy――my wife and 2 kids has permanent visa and 2 kids and me we have 3 years visa any suggestion please
by Shinro (guest)  

Re: Permanent visa 2020/11/22 19:45
For “permanent resident” status, in addition to good conduct and good tax payment record, they do have “self-sufficiency” requirement, and while I do not know the exact amount required, they check your income against the number of dependents supported by that income. So you might have to wait until your kids grow up and one of them at least starts working, or your wife can possibly work part-time, because the incomes of all household members can be considered together.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread