Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Citizenship and Filipino Recognition 2020/11/24 12:26
Hi, I was born in Japan. My father is Japanese and my mother is Filipino. I acquired Japanese citizenship. My mother was not able to report my birth in the Philippine embassy there back then.

We went here in the Philippines when I was 1 year old and since then, I was not able to come back to Japan again.

I have been living as an alien here in the Philippines just until this year when I was able to accomplish my Filipino Recognition application in the Bureau of Immigration. Both of my parents are deceased.

I am 23 now.

I am just wondering, because I have been informed that I would have to choose between Japanese and Filipino citizenship as I turn 22.

Am I considered as dual citizen? I do not have Philippine passport and I have no live birth in the Philippine Statistics Authority.

Will I lose my Japanese citizenship? I do not want that because I want to live there after saving enough money. I use my Filipino Recognition for now so that I would not have to pay for living here in the Philippines.

Thank you.
by Miya (guest)  

Re: Japanese Citizenship and Filipino Recognition 2020/11/24 22:39
"I have no live birth in the Philippine Statistics Authority."
??? you mean that you have no record even after "recognition" by Philippine government , although you believe you have Philippine nationality.
what kind of "recognition" have you got ?

when does the "recognition" become effective ? i.e. you have got a Philippine nationality from your birth date or from the application (or granted) date ?

I am afraid that you don't understand your situation thoroughly.
it is better for you to consult a lawyer.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread