Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Business Management Visa Renewal 2020/11/26 17:57
Hi,

I am holding a valid Business Management Visa and I renew it every year for 4 years.

I am planning to spend less time in Japan next year and am wondering what would the impact be when it comes to renewing the visa.

Is there a minimum stay reqiurement/guideline? Do you need to provide a valid reason for not staying in Japan? If so, what would be a considered a valid reason?
by hevene  

Re: Business Management Visa Renewal 2020/11/27 07:04
I do not recall time in Japan being a piece of information I provided for my previous renewals. If you are in a similar position, not providing this in the past, then you answer part of your own question.
There are certainly reasons to be out of the country, but unless you were going to be away something like 11 out of 12 months (at the more extreme end) I wouldn't think it matters. They are more interested to know you are getting paid, paying taxes, running the business - stuff like that.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Business Management Visa Renewal 2020/11/27 09:32
Some people told me their visa was denied renewal because they only stayed in Japan for 3.5 months. I had always stayed here full time in the past 4 years, but next year, I want to stay away for 8 months. Since a lot of my customers are foreigners, I intend to go overseas to promote my business. I wouldn't be able to do this if my visa won't get renewed.
by hevene rate this post as useful

reply to this thread