Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa for my spouse (mext) 2021/1/7 16:28
Hey all,
I applied for mext scholarship of master degree on a university in Japan. Will I be able to bring mu spouse as master student? Or only professors can do that? If im able to do so, may we arrive at the same time or does she have to come later?
im planning on Okayama university btw.
Thanks!
by dostoynikov (guest)  

Re: Visa for my spouse (mext) 2021/1/8 10:27
you can ask the administrative staffs through your professor.
if you want to enter Japan with your spouse, your and your spouse's paperwork (to get visas) should be done at the same time.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for my spouse (mext) 2021/1/8 14:04
I am not fully familiar with how things work specifically with the MEXT program when it comes to spouses, but usually someone studying for a masterfs degree, or someone doing a research at an institution, or working for an employer in Japan should be able to bring the spouse on gdependenth visa if the spouse is financially dependent on the student/researcher/employee (and can be financially supported while in Japan). But that would require a separate visa application. Better check with the university.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Visa for my spouse (mext) 2021/1/9 10:51
MEXT scholarship and your spouse's dependent visa are independent.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread