Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/18 01:36
hi,
I am an Indian, had my schooling in English medium. Also a graduate. I want to try and become an ALT in Japan , thus my search for a TEFL course. Can anyone please tell if online courses like i-to-i and ITTT are well-received by dispatch companies like Altia and interac ?
by S S 333  

Re: TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/18 16:40
Most companies hiring ALTs and English teachers aren't looking for people who have taken TEFL courses. It doesn't hurt to have the certificate, but I don't think it helps that much either, especially for ALTs since there is very little actual teaching involved in that job.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/18 16:50
Yes I agree with Liz on this, a tefl is not one of the requirements for Alt or English teaching in Japan. Again it won't hurt and it's good practice do you personally, but it won't count towards your application.

They are more interested that you have a degree (in anything) and that you are native English or can show that you are native level
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/19 02:37
yes I am doing it more for myself as i have no experience in teaching. So it doesn't matter which course i choose?
by S S 333 rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/19 08:41
thats right, theyre not looking for tefl so if its for personal development its your choice.
most people who come here to teach english have no experience teaching and no tefl. they train you their way of teaching on the job.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: TEFL courses for ALT in Japan 2021/1/20 07:09
Thanks a lot for the information 😊
by S S 333 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread