Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/24 11:05
I once heard a guy of my school talking about companies/agencies that will find a job for you if you pay the service.
You pay something like 200'000Y (let's say 2000$ to make it easy) and from that moment you won't need to do anything cause the agency will search jobs for you in a more efficient and professional way.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of agencies are those and how to find them but I'm having troubles finding them.
Does anyone know?
by Ollie (guest)  

Re: Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/24 16:17
You need to be careful.
There are countless agencies that mediate jobs for those who are looking for a job. But they charge the companies that are looking for employees, not the candidates. And the fee is generally a lot more than the amount you heard (30-35% of the annual salary of the person they decided to hire, usually).
I'd recommend you not to use such kind of service.

Norma agencies are not working for you but for the companies. They do advice things to you but they are not YOUR agent but THEIRS. Once they found you are not worth working on they easily leave you. But you don't need to pay them anything at all.

No one can guarantee that there's a slot that is suitable for you. So, "I will definitely find a job for you" kind of invitation is always suspicious.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/25 07:36
and from that moment you won't need to do anything cause the agency will search jobs for you in a more efficient and professional way.
I am sure there are companies out there that do that (placement services) - I've never needed to use one and when I was hiring staff/looking for employees, never came across a company like that (and I wasn't looking).
BUT
the "don't need to do anything" is misguided. You still need to be an attractive candidate, have skills, ability, look good enough on paper to get an interview and actually hired. And the company will also take a commission (as previously mentioned) from the company doing the hiring.
What you are effectively doing is paying someone else to do the leg-work because you can't be bothered.
And, you can spend your 200,000 yen and be offered a job you don't like/want? Waste of money.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/25 07:39
BTW - a simple google search turns up job finding services if you are interested.
I forgot to mention, many recruitment agencies have sections "services for employers" and "services for candidates" on their websites.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/25 08:04
@JapanCustomTours
Thanks for the info. I didn't know there are such agencies.
I've used a lot of agencies for free and have never thought about paying them. Because I was a product, not a buyer.
I couldn't find an agency that charges candidates by quick search, but there might be a market where products have to pay to be sold.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Agency that finds job for you? 2021/1/25 11:47
It sounded too easy in fact... I guess not trusting "anyone" is still the best choice, even if Japan is relatively safe.
Thanks for you replies!
by Ollie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread