Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Housing advice in Itako (Ibaraki) 2021/2/5 06:07
Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Itako in April and I'm struggling a lot to find an apartment.
I've rented a place in Tokyo for the quarantine + 2 extra weeks so I can open a bank account, etc, and look for accommodation. However, I've started to email agencies to enquire them about ads I liked and no one is replying to me. I've also asked hotels about long-term discounts, I got a few replies when I email them in Japanese but once I ring them up and they hear me they say that due to corona they are not hosting people.

I'm worried no one will want to sign a lease with me because I can't speak Japanese well. I couldn't find airbnb's/facebook groups in the area either. My company recommended me a broker company to help me find a place, but they charge me 110% of a month's rent in commissions and don't let me view the place before signing because they are based in another city. I feel like they'll just rip me off my money and throw me in the first hole they find.

Any advice on what could I do? I know this is notably the worst time to move to Japan but I won't be able to do it in the future and I am currently unemployed so I don't have much to lose (besides my money if I can't find a place and have to move back home).

Thanks
by miho85  

reply to this thread