Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/10 09:25
Hello everyone. Im currently 3 months pregnant and is going to graduate from senmon gakkou next month (caregiving course). However, my visa is just until april. My sponsor said he cant give me job in any facilities because I cant do transferring and stuff. Also they wont be able to give me maternity leave because I was just going to transfer from student to working visa. Is there any way I can apply for visa? If I can apply, should I tell them that im pregnant? Im N2 passer by the way. Thank you
by Xilleh (guest)  

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/10 18:15
No chance...
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/10 22:13
Well gno chance g might be a bit harsh. I guess it depends on the residency category and your relationship with the father. If youfd marry, you could become a dependent (if he is a foreign resident) or a spouse resident (if he is Japanese). There are some more conditions apart from being married, eg financial ones.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/10 22:32
So currently you are pregnant, just about to finish up your course, soon to graduate to start working as a caregiver? And when you say sponsor, I guess you mean the employer-to-be, who already made you an offer? (Is this an agency who sends you to different places?)

That sounds like the employer-to-be doesnft want to hire you – if you already ARE an employee, you will be eligible for a maternity leave 6 weeks before the (estimated) delivery and 8 weeks after giving birth. So that means you are likely to take weeks off inc several monthsf time, still some time to go, though it is true, you might not be able to do some physically demanding work.

Can you possibly find another employer who is willing to help you?

If not, could you possibly negotiate with the current employer-to-be to put you on their payroll so that you can apply for a change of resident status from student to work, and maybe ask them to put you to a position with reduced work or something?

Another obvious way – the father of your child? I donft know if you are planning to get married, but if you can somehow rely on him financially, maybe you can negotiate easier with the employer.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/11 05:52
Harse but true... If the father was supportive and an employer was supportive. Then this quesioning would never have arisen. Very easy to read between the lines.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/11 19:29
saying 'no chance' is actually an overstatement. I actually found a lot of potential employers and is expecting interview. Also, Ill have special activities anyway for jobhunting so ill still have a chance to find work. And as for my husband, unfortunately he is under provisional release.
by xilleh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/11 19:44
Did you tell those potential employers that you are pregnant? If you did and they are still potential employers of yours, that should be an overstatement for sure.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of visa due to pregnancy 2021/2/12 12:35
yup. they know. A senpai from the school Im studying now helped me.
by xilleh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread