Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to stay long term and bring my mom too? 2021/2/13 17:39
Ifd like to stay in Japan long term. I also would like to bring my mom along with me. What are my options. I might end up getting a bachelors degree. But my mom doesnft have a degree. Staying in Japan is something I really really want to do so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
by Kilsnacks (guest)  

Re: How to stay long term and bring my mom too? 2021/2/15 09:46
From your description you sound young – please read about the different types of visas for Japan. (There is information on this website we are on as well.) You might find that if you find employment in Japan (employer-sponsored work visa), generally your spouse and underage child(ren) can come with you in Japan as your dependents (gdependenth visa status), but not your parents, unless they are senior that they need to be taken care of by you (either physically or financially).

This will be different for highly skilled professional visa, which is relatively new (established under 10 years ago), under which you will be able to bring your family including your parent(s), if you meet certain criteria.

Other than that, both yourself and your mother need to be eligible for a visa on your own, like you on work visa, and your mother on student visa (just as an example) by enrolling in a school. Please read about the visa system for Japan first.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to stay long term and bring my mom too? 2021/2/15 19:53
Is your mother sick/elderly? If not then she will need to move to Japan independently of you. Have you talked to her about this? Asked her what she wants to do? Does she actually want to up and leave her home country to spend her life with her adult son?

We need more information before we can give you any good advice.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread