Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my fiancee stuck in Japan now 2021/3/11 21:55
Hello.

My fiancée and I are living in Germany. Currently, my fiancée is in Japan for private reasons. She wanted to come back to Germany at the end of March.

But JAL and ANA announced they would cancel flights from Germany to Japan.

My questions:
1. They only mentioned flights from Germany to Japan. So flights from Japan to Germany are still possible?
2. What about other airlines?
3. To be short; is she stuck in Japan now or will she be able to come back?
by Kev (guest)  

Re: Is my fiancée stuck in Japan now 2021/3/12 11:50
Direct flights may not be available. But flights with transfers still happening.

Should be easy for any adult to look atca vooking website to find the answer.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my fiancée stuck in Japan now 2021/3/12 11:52
I am assuming your fiancée is Japanese? And if that is the case, does she hold any long-term visa/permit to stay in EU?

You need to check with the airlines about their flight schedule. And you need to check the German governmentfs policy about accepting incoming non-EU nationals.

This seems to be the Embassy of Germany in Japanfs info about travel restrictions INTO Germany.
https://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/konsular_coronavirus200313-1.ht...

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Is my fiancée stuck in Japan now 2021/3/12 21:16
Just looking at flights from Tokyo to Frankfurt on JAL's official website shows that there are flights. I checked for March 30, and it provided an option to Frankfurt from Tokyo via Paris and others via Helsinki and London.

On ANA, for the same day (March 30), I still see direct flights from Tokyo to Frankfurt.

If she chooses flights via other countries, she needs to make sure she can enter those countries and what requirements they have, such as mandatory quarantines, or if she can transfer, but flights are available for the end of March.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Is my fiancée stuck in Japan now 2021/3/12 23:40
She has a permit for the EU.

She booked a direct flight to Frankfurt from ANA some weeks ago. But I am wondering if it is going to be cancelled.
by Kev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my fiancée stuck in Japan now 2021/3/13 08:05
People are free to leave Japan. Securing a flight and entry into another country are different issues. Certainly there are flights out of the country and there are still people travelling, just not as many as 2019.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread