Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can my parent cancel the dependent visa? 2021/3/12 22:05
Hi, I am from Nepal currently living in Japan tokyo. I have been living here from past 4 years on dependent visa but recently I went to Nepal and returned back after getting married and I didnft told parents about that and even about me returning to the Japan. Since I got married to some unknown guy they are not willing to extend my VISA. And I am not living with them as well. Is there any chance they can cancel my visa. Because they are saying that they will cancel the visa. Is there any way to sort this out. And I am a girl I have put other name for the privacy reason.
by Hemant (guest)  

Re: Can my parent cancel the dependent visa? 2021/3/13 00:40
These must be your parents:

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+174282

Speak with them!

All the best.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Can my parent cancel the dependent visa? 2021/3/13 11:22
since you got married, you make a new family with your spouse. I think you are no more a dependent of your parents legally. (you switch yourself from your parents family to your new one with your spouse.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can my parent cancel the dependent visa? 2021/3/13 13:51
Your parents cannot gcancelh the resident status (only the immigration authorities can), but there is a risk that you may no longer be eligible as gdependenth of your parents because (1) you are old enough to be married and live separate from you parents, (2) your parents sound like they are not willing to sponsor you for the visa (I hope you will speak with your parents), and (3) I suspect you are in fact NOT financially supported by your parents.

Please do talk with your parents to sort things out. Also i do not know the nationality of your spouse, but it might be time to look for a resident status on your own - meaning, if your spouse is Japanese, you are eligible for gspouse of Japanese nationalh resident status, and if your spouse is Nepalese and holds a valid resident status for Japan (for example of the many work-permitting status) then you will be his gdependent,h or you might want to look for sponsorship from an employer yourself. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread