Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/13 15:56
I'm going to renew my spouse visa. I went to get the Kazei shomei-sho (課税証明書) and Nozei shomei-sho (納税証明書) like last year, but they gave me instead only one document: Shotoku shomei-sho (所得証明書). That document states "Kazei is not levied" (府民税は課税されていません).

Is it ok to show this document only at the Immigration Office when I go to renew my visa? Why can't they give me the Kazei and Nozei shomei-sho? They simply told me that "They don't exist". I've had 3 jobs since I came to Japan, so I'm paying taxes... I changed jobs in February of last year (part-time job) and then again in September of last year (and I'm still working, this time as full time employee).
by Fer (guest)  

Re: Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/13 17:44
right now, you only can get the certificate from Jan. 2019 to Dec. 2019.
the new one (from Jan.2020 to Dec. 2020) is available in the end of May (or June) in 2021.
probably, immigration will ask you to get a new one in the investigation process.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/13 19:48
As “ken” above mentioned, the one for the taxes based on your income for the year 2020 is not yet ready. So if you ask for any “kazei shoumeisho,” all you get will be for the taxes you paid (if you did) during the year 2020 based on the income during the year 2019. So the “kazei shoumeisho” based on your income in 2020 “doesn’t exist” YET.

So it will be later in the year when the “kazei shoumeisho” based on your income during the year 2020 will be available.

Maybe you came to Japan (and began working) in 2019? Then if your income during 2019 was limited, then you would not have been levied any resident tax in 2020.

For now, you can only submit what you have – for “spouse of Japanese national” resident status, what they look for is that (1) the marriage is continuing, and (2) the household has sufficient income to support yourselves (financial stability), so if your spouse has some papers to show, and now you have a paper that you “have” some work, so I see no reason why this should not be sufficient. Best wishes

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/15 08:28
Thanks for the replies. I went again and asked once more for the Kazei and Nozei Shomeisho. This time I brought copies of the ones I had last year and showed them, and I said that there shouldn't be a problem getting them again. They finally gave me the Kazei Shomeisho, but they couldn't give the Nozei.
by Fer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/16 09:45
府民税は課税されていません
you did not pay tax. they will not issue the certificate of tax payment, as you already heard.
city office treats resident tax. they may issue the document about resident tax.

所得証明 is OK. it is replaceable for 課税証明.
if you have 所得, they may charge tax, 課税する.

" I'm paying taxes"
what you say is 源泉徴収, which is subtracted, when you got salary. it is 国税. different tax.

don't to be too nervous. immigration will not deny your application, only because your collected documents are incomplete. at that time, they will advise you take it again or by another way. they know that, if you did not pay resident tax, there is no 課税証明.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shotoku instead of Kazei and Nouzei? 2021/4/16 12:03
府民税は課税されていません means “you have not been charged the prefectural resident tax,” so since you haven’t been charged (yet), of course you have not paid it yet.
So probably now they calculated the amount of taxes, so they could give you the “kazei” shoumeisho, but not yet the “nozei,” as payments are due later. No worries.

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread