Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working visa after vocational school 2021/4/23 20:57
Hello, I'm planning to study in Japan and enroll in a Japanese language school to take JLPT N2 (2-3 years from now). After that I plan to enroll in a vocational school (related to pastries) for two years. Is it possible for me to get a job after I graduate and get a working visa? I heard that it's kind of impossible especially the immigration won't allow some foreign workers to apply for work that isn't related to what they studied or graduated from.
by kc498  

Re: Working visa after vocational school 2021/5/2 19:53
As far as I know, until recent years, only people with significant experience (such as 10 years) as chef in the cuisine of their country could be granted any visa/resident status (gskilled laborh) in the field of cooking.

But since 2019, there is a new category of visa, gspecified skilled worker,h (gThis is a status of residence applicable to foreign nationals who work in jobs that require a considerable knowledge of or experience in Specified Industry Fields.h) under which non-Japanese students who attended a vocational school gin Japanh might be allowed to work in Japan.

But of course your job needs to be related to the course youfve studied. (You find employment first, and then apply for the change of resident status from gstudenth to gspecified skilled worker.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread