Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/9 14:38
Visiting in laws atm and we originally planned to take a trip to Kyoto but with all the coronavirus stuff going on we are instead planning to stay within Yamanashi or surrounding areas. We've already been to Kyoto a couple of times and seen the major things there so not a huge loss. It'd be interesting to take a more rural trip to lesser visited and less touristy places. We've gone to Shousenkyou for example and that was very nice. Any interesting towns or places you'd recommend? Particularly we like to visit temples, shrines, old mansions etc. Gardens and parks or natural attractions are also great. My wife is also a huge food fan so interesting places to eat are also good.

We have a couple ideas but it never hurts to have more.
by snicket  

Re: Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/9 22:29
Have you not been to Minobusan? Highly recommended. Even if you aren't particularly into temples, the nature and views are excellent.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/10 11:37
I love Shosenkyo Gorge, but I probably wouldn't go hiking in this weather. If you're near Kofu, Kosaku restaurant (https://www.bento.com/rev/2757.html ) serves excellent houtou, a noodle dish peculiar to Yamanashi. Horsemeat is another local specialty. Outsider Brewing is an excellent local beer brewery, and they run a taproom called Hops and Herbs, although I don't know if they're open at them moment.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/10 11:38
The Keith Haring Museum is another local attraction worth checking out.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/12 13:05
Why not try some of the wineries? There are some excellent wines to drink. There is also Lake Kawaguchiko and the other Fuji lakes.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Places to visit/things to do in Yamanashi 2021/8/13 09:39
Shosenkyo is really nice yes! Then have you been to Nishizawa Valley close by? It is another scenic natural place to visit. This article will give you more info :)
https://visitjapan-vegetarian.com/nishizawa-valley-and-its-most-pictur...
by Lily (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread