Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/9/12 21:21
Hi!

I know it depends on what Country you are from I just guess though.
For those who entered Japan through a Spouse of Permanent Resident ( not Japanese National ) in particular.
How long did you wait for your Visa to come out from the Japanese Embassy in your Country? After you submitted all the requirements with COE.

Thank you.
by Osakagirl1 (guest)  

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/9/21 23:22
The people of south korea get their spouse of japanese national visa within a few days on the other hand pakistani national- it take 90 days or more time.so it depend on nationality
by Kaoruzuou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/9/22 06:37
Google says 3 months. So many stories out there of 3+ months.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/9/22 07:19
For my ex it was two months total from when she started getting her docs together until approval. Lawyer advised processing time of 1.5 to 2 months.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/9/22 18:32
Thank you for ALL your responses! I appreciate.
(i thought nobody here knows)

My hubby is from the Philippines and he has Certificate of Eligibility already on hand. The accredited agency in the Philippines submitted is Application for a Spouse of Permanent Resident yesterday.

Now I am counting the days, how long it will take for the Japan Consul in PH to approve.

I will update soon. Thank you!
by Osakagirl1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/10/12 18:04
Anybody here like us waiting for Visa? We applied exactly 3 weeks ago at the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines and still gUnder Verificationh. The Visa is a Spouse of Permanent Resident :( with COE.

Just sad.

What taking them so long, where gsomeh I read in the internet only took 3-7 days or even less like 2-3 days.

3 weeks and counting is crucial c

Have anyone experienced the same? But got approved/Visa after a long waiting?

Ifm just desperate, I need to see my husband wefve separated for a long time already, even before pandemic.

Thanks! Any positive input is much appreciated.

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/10/13 00:33
Everything takes longer nowadays. Getting a standard single entry visa also took me 4 weeks, so I would guess you should at least receive a message from the embassy soon (maybe additional documents that are required, maybe the visa)
by nj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/10/13 22:14
Thank you! @nj I appreciate your reply.

TRUE. Everything took longer than expected now because of pandemic.
BUT itfs all worth it.

UPDATE!!!

My Hubby got his Visa released today! We are sooooo happy. Finally, we can live together in Japan very soon.

Waiting is the most crucial part. We are so thankful to God above anything else.

Re: How long did you wait for (your) Spouse Visa? 2021/10/15 01:06
Awesome, congratulations :-)
by nj (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread