Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can i contact genuine japan anime studios 2021/9/30 03:35
I have written a story its not just a short story. I do not want to publish book on it , i want popular anime studios to make anime on it , this story is precious to me in the memories of someone who was really precious to me, please guide me how to contact japan anime studios thankyou i will be really grateful
by Gaurav (guest)  

Re: How can i contact genuine japan anime studios 2021/9/30 14:33
To be honest - looking up the major studios on google and finding contact details is an easy thing to do.

It should also be known that even though anime is becoming more popular overseas - most is still made for a Japanese audience. As such - don't expect most or any studios to reply specifically if you don't communicate with them in Japanese.

I wish you the best. Potentially asking an anime writers forum may help you.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: How can i contact genuine japan anime studios 2021/10/1 02:38
Frankly, most unsolicited proposals sent to major studios are going to end up in the bin without anyone even looking at them. Sounds harsh, but it is a fact. If you are not already an established writer and you want to stand a chance of somebody making an anime out of your story, I recommend publishing it in some other format first.

You'd be more likely to convince a smaller, independent studio to produce something out of your idea, so there is always that. But, again, the chances are slim.

These studios are not lacking in ideas for stories. For every good idea that gets produced, probably a dozen (or dozens) are sitting in a drawer somewhere. There are hundreds of highly skilled and experienced writers of web novels, manga, and doujin media who already have established audiences and want anime studios to adapt their work. The bottleneck isn't writing talent, it is production and broadcast capacity. So genuinely your best chance of this ever happening is to self-publish it as a book or web novel, and go from there.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can i contact genuine japan anime studios 2021/10/1 11:18
My answer is basically same as first two posters'. Even if Anime companies could be interested in story ideas from amateur writers, you should consider how to contact (culture difference / different business custom), not only language of the message.
I don't think sending a message from contact form with a link to own website/social media that your story is shown is welcomed in Japan. Attaching a file with your idea on Email as well. In Japan, these ways can be done when the company say that they accept or they want. Otherwise messages will be deleted.

I think your opportunity is participating a contest or something. If you won it, maybe...?
by A (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread