Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/11 05:27
im a high school student from turkey. I'll skip those parts because I've done parts like going to Japan, getting a visa, entering a university or learning a language. briefly , i want to be accountant in japan but i couldnt find accounting undergraduate university can you help me please ( Please do not exceed 30.000 dollars for 4 years of licanse. )
by deniz0006  

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/11 20:23
As a teacher who used to work in Japan - how do I put it bluntly.

Most degrees in Japan are taught in Japanese. If you have the Japanese reading and writing skills to complete the degree, then it should be reasonably easy to find the information you need in Japanese.

There are universities in Japan (such as Temple University) which offer degrees in English - but they tend to be more expensive as it's not easy to find English speaking university lecturers in Japan with the correct experience.

If you complete your degree in English for Japan - then you still need to be able to read and write academic Japanese. Finding an accounting forum online in Japanese for Japan would probably give you the best information.

There might be someone here who is a Japanese accountant with a knowledge of English speaking accounting degrees - or you might be after a Japanese degree which was not stated in your original message which makes most of what I'm saying redundant if you can communicate fluently in the language.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/11 21:36
I have never heard the university degree or the programs which directly relates to Å—Žm or Œö”F‰ïŒvŽm. almost everybody is eligible for applying the national examinations. but, the examinations are extremely related to their professions. i.e, specialized to their fields. I believe that most of local Japanese don't understand the questions themselves, even they are written in Japanese.

here are the latest examinations.
https://www.nta.go.jp/taxes/zeirishi/zeirishishiken/shikenkekka/71/tou...
https://www.fsa.go.jp/cpaaob/kouninkaikeishi-shiken/r3shiken/ronbun_mo...
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/11 23:48
As noted by the above poster, the examinations appear to be quite difficult.

Please refer to the Japan Institute of of CPAs for information about becoming a CPA and contact them for specific questions about the appropriate university program required to prepare you for the entrance examinations, if any.

https://jicpa.or.jp/english/accounting/becoming/

Without the appropriate background education, I suspect it will be quite difficult to pass the entrance exams.
by MegaHK rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 00:04
I haven't learned Japanese yet , I have 3 years for university and i will go to a language course in tokyo so i thought language is not a problem , i do not have a problem with money so only one problem left.

EXAM
by deniz0006 rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 05:28
i will go to a language course in tokyo so i thought language is not a problem

Unless you are some superhumanly gifted learner, learning Japanese to a fluent level that is needed for studying in Japanese takes approximately 2 years of full time language learning at a language school. Doable, yes. But you'll need to invest those 2 years first, then study accounting and only then you have finished education. In your first post you made it sound like money is at least to a certain degree a factor, so dragging out education even more is going to make it more expensive.

Any reason why you can't study accounting in your country (or somewhere else)? I.e. why does it specifically need to be in Japan?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 06:52
I have 3 years for university and i will go to a language course in tokyo so i thought language is not a problem
Generally university courses in Japan are 4 years.

i do not have a problem with money so only one problem
That is good, but have you actually searched or calculated the expense for studying and living in Japan?

Many young people from certain countries including my country are just dream to go to Japan, being told by someone on social media and agencies that you can get scholarship, job and financial support from municipal easily. However, reality isn't like that, I know many young people who didn't realize their dream as a result of lack of search. So I would advise you to do search in depth while you study Japanese language.
by Asiansenior (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 06:58
If I was looking to study in Japan (in Japanese) - I would really do some deep research about the language.

It may take 1-2 years to learn to speak/listen Japanese - but what makes it extremely difficult is the written word. Here is a breakdown of the three alphabets used in Japan.

Katakana (48 characters). Used for mainly translating foreign words
Hiragana (46 characters). Used as the base language. Some more complex Kanji are broken down into Hiragana for primary school students to understand.
Kanji (said to be over 50,000) is used as the more academic side of the language. From memory around 2100 Kanji are taught in primary/secondary school which are needed to just read a newspaper!

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 08:54
To become a certified accountant in Japan, youfd need to pass the exam, which is difficult by itself already, build some working experiences, etc. before you can register as a CPA, that it will be a long way even after graduating from a university.

The subjects you need to cover include economics, of course accounting, corporate laws, among others, so probably any university with good reputation in economics and business administration will be fine. Just please note that if you need to start with learning the local language, you are likely to be looking at something closer to or over 10 yearsc
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 19:43
Please do not exceed 30.000 dollars for 4 years of licanse.

A student typically needs to pay the school more than thirty thousand US dollars worth of money to study in a Japanese university for the four years you need to be there to get a degree. Additionally, you'd need money for daily living.

As a mere example, a student needs to pay Tokyo Keizai University 1,246,800 yen just for your first year studying there.
https://www.tku.ac.jp/gakusei/syougakukin/expenses/

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your question.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/12 20:38
going to university is not essential to become an accountant.
also, they don't teach you how to pass the exam.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 01:05
I am answering for the person who asks why I will not study in my country , I hate Turkey. I know you can't understand this because you're not here, from Turkey, the government, and many other things. It's okay, but if I had to give 50 years of my life to get out of this country, I would. I mean, after I finish high school, I want to leave this country no matter what.

The reason I wanted to go to university was because it was a ticket to stay in Japan. If there's a way I can get there cheaper after graduating high school, I'm listening to you

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 07:38
This will be the last post I'll put in this thread.

Learning Japanese (specifically reading and writing) is not like learning say "German" or even "Russian".

It takes Japanese students 10 years to learn the 2100 individual Kanji to be able to read a newspaper. Kanji is different than a westernized alphabet - where individual words are individual characters.

To put it simply - 1 or 2 years in a language school will give you the reading/writing skills to work in a Family Mart. That's not enough time to learn the academic language needed to get into university.

Your plan might work in a Romanized alphabet speaking country - but seems totally undoable in Japan/Taiwan/China.

I used to work at an international school in Japan for 3 years where students learnt Japanese but learnt most subjects in English. The Japanese students who came into the school most of the time would not go to Japanese university as their language ability would degrade so much. None of the students after 6 months would be asking the questions you are asking at the moment as they would understand the language needed along with how much time it takes to learn the language.

Attending a language school in Japan is probably the best plan before deciding which university you want to attend. This would allow you to honestly see the challenges of learning the language along with seeing if "living in Japan" is a good fit for you.

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 13:18
If there's a way I can get there cheaper after graduating high school, I'm listening to you

Hi again. I'm not "the person who asks why you will not study in your country". I think everyone should have the right to study anywhere, and I believe that since you are very young, nothing is impossible (A) because you have more potential and (B) because the future of the world is yet to see.

But if I may, perhaps you could start by asking your question to organizations like the Turkish Cultural Association which may have a better idea on which direction to guide you to. I found them through a very quick Google search (in Japanese language). They are a 30-year-old non-profit group working to promote cultural exchange between Turkey and Kyoto, and they have an email address at the bottom of the page below:
http://www.kyoto-nitto.com/index.html

Meanwhile, you should also note that a lot of Japanese teenagers hate Japan and wish to leave the country. And I'm sure Turkey would become a worse country if people who hate it keep leaving it without trying to improve it. I hope that through pursuing a life in Japan, you would be able to find a way to make a better world wherever you decide to live in. Have a great day planning.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 14:56
I am not asking you why it isn't your country either but just wonder why Japan since you don't seem to know about Japan at all.

Of course you don't need to know much about Japan before making decision, it is impossible to know everything. However, there are something that you should have known wherever you go.

For example, about importance of learning the language, the reality that studying abroad can't be cheap, fact that a qualification/certificate is required to engage certain jobs (the law is different from your country's one).

In fact, "Hate my country so go to Japan" is exactly same as what youth that I mentioned in my previous post always say. If you really want to live in Japan, I advise you;

-study Japanese language
-gather information on what's Japan life like (including disadvantages)
-try to save money rather than looking for cheap/free way.

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 15:01

Any reason why you can't study accounting in your country (or somewhere else)? I.e. why does it specifically need to be in Japan?

I totally understand that one doesnft want to study / live in his / her own home country. As a matter of fact, I am not living in my home country since more than 20 years.

What I wanted to say is that there are easier (language, money) places to which accounting than a Japan.
I also totally get it that someone wants to live in Japan (as a matter of fact I lived in Japan for 3 years and will soon return - once I can get a new work visa).

As many others this thread said, learning the language will be your first step, then on to university and then to pass the exam. Someone above estimated that all this would take something like 10 years and that sounds about reasonable. If you have the time and money for it, sure why not.

But I think at this moment you need to ask yourself a few questions what is most important for you:
- leaving Turkey? (There are an other 100+ countries where you could go, so doesnft necessarily need to be a country with a complicated language)
- living in Japan ASAP? (There are other studies apart from accounting that could give you a slightly easier chance at finding work and at needing less Japanese, e.g. IT) eg you could find a course where to study IT in English in Japan.
- becoming an accountant? (Other countries exist where you could study it and get certified and work)
- becoming an accountant in Japan? ( then you need to be prepared for a very long study phase) There is nothing wrong about studying for a long time, but you need the financial capabilities for it. And best to do it in smaller steps. Eg first goal to become fluent in Japanese. Maybe once you achieve that you discovered that accounting isnft what you want to study, but something else. However if you do it the other way round and first study in any other country (look into some European countries where university fees are very small) whatever it takes to become an accountant, then if you discover that you donft want to live in Japan anymore you already have a job. While if you first study Japanese, you still have that language capability but not yet any accounting knowledge. There isnft a clear solution on what you should do first, accounting or Japanese, but the choice will influence your further way. So you need to decide what is priority number 1 for you in all the different choices you have.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/13 17:48
Please let me add about "Tekiseikou" (“K³Z) for your study planning. Japanese language schools and universities which are approved as Tekiseikou is better.

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/14 02:33
I second LikeBike's arguments.

If your main goal is to leave your country, being an accountant in Japan does not seem a very good idea. Your license (and work experience) is going to be specific to Japan, and if for some reason you lose your job and visa, you will have a hard time finding a job in another country. Very risky.

Meanwhile, a master's degree in IT or electronics will be recognized in many countries, including Japan, if you really want to work there. Even if you cannot to find a junior position job in Japan directly after graduating, you can build some experience elsewhere and try again later.
by ML (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which university should i go for accounting 2021/10/14 03:42
Thank you to everyone who shared their ideas and experiences.

I can say that you have greatly influenced my future

Because , Since I think that studying in Japan will force me in terms of language and economy or it will not be possible (there is a part where I cannot pass the exam).

I asked for help from a naturalized relative who has been living in England , London for 10 years and asked her to arrange a language course for me.

when i improve my english (I am writing these from translate, so my English is not good.)

I will go to my relative who is studying at university in Ukraine and I will study there because it is economically cheap, the university has no exams and there is no language problem.

reply to this thread